• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A good and bad day at the Pensacola Show

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
The good news? I found 6 underdash harnesses, two tailights, and 4 underhood harnesses all in good to excellent condition! I asked the seller what he wanted, and he said $80. You shoulda seen how fast I pulled out 4 twenties!

The bad news? I saw a good bellhousing for sale for $100, but they aren't worth that much. I checked the numbers (C3OA) and offered $50 right here and now. Sold! Got back and the guys next to my vendor booth said "Is it 5 or 6 bolts?" Duh...it's a 5 bolt one, and I needed a 6. Damn!

One of the Mustang magazines wants to do a profile of my harness restorations...that's kewl! Haven't sold anything, but I don't expect to. Lots of inquiries, especially about some unusual connectors.

Weather was perfect: 68*, and I did get a slight *ahem* sunburn.

Sounds overall like it was a very good day Randy. I'm with ya on the sunburn. I got burnt last weekend here at the Pee Dee Street Rodders Run to the Sun!

I've been pointing people over to your business every time I read about someone having a harness messed up. Hope it helps you out some to get some sales going. :vic

LOL I know I know. I noticed over there that because of the retarded cost change to list for sale items that people openly just post for sale stuff in the forum.

"MarkStang" said:
Did you buy that bell housing? A guy on VMF was looking for a 5 bolt just a few days ago.

Yes, unfortunately, and now I have to unload it. Thanks for the lead. I'll post it for sale soon on various sites.

Mid, seen and good posi rear ends for my '66? I will be there later this am for part of the day. Leaving here about 8.

Dang; too bad I couldn't find that URL yesterday.

As I made another round of the swap meet vendors, I found a 68 and two 70 harnesses at reasonable prices. When I made my way to the guy I bought the bellhousing, I said I made an awful mistake by buying the 5-bolt instead of the 6-bolt. He insisted I bring it back and he'd reimburse me. I did so, but only took $40 of the $50 price, leaving him with $10 profit. The $10 loss for me will serve as a reminder to myself to remember stuff before buying.

I saw AZPete at the show, but no differentials, unless you're interested in a 4.11:1.

Still no sales, but I expect a passel of orders upon my return later next week.

That's the idea is to get out there and meet the potential customers and wow them with your wisdom and knowledge and inventory of all things electrical. Hope lots of business comes your way! :vic

"sigtauenus" said:
I thought the only threads to that forum we were allowed to link here were ones that involved making fun of :nick

Wrongamundo. We don't have rules about linking to subjects on other boards. Member.....that time.... we said "We have one rule here"
:WOP

EW....I think I do not know this last rule involving men, thongs and space escapades.

Ohh...never mind I see, The Picture Rule.

Nice score Mid! BTW do you happen to have the connector for a 68 Mustang steering column to under dash harness (The female side)?

"janschutz" said:
Nice score Mid! BTW do you happen to have the connector for a 68 Mustang steering column to under dash harness (The female side)?

Boy oh boy...you are asking a lot! I had to search 4 bins of stuff, and found 2 female turn signal connectors. e-mail me for further info.

Back