• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A little bit of track video

A

Anonymous

I've posted this elsewhere, forgive me if you drunken bastages aren't interested in this fun stuff.

Here's what these old cars can do with a crappy driver behind the wheel. This is what I do on Wed afternoons :naug

HPT 62409

Best video from you yet... clean video quality. next leap is wide-screen. are there rules for wearing a Nomax suit?

"70 StangMan" said:
What's a matta' Mark , couldn't get by that Porsche?? :pbj J.K., car sounded great.

Ran out of laps, when I finally got up to him the session ended!

"hivewax" said:
Best video from you yet... clean video quality. next leap is wide-screen. are there rules for wearing a Nomax suit?

If I bumped up the resolution, it's even better....widescreen, but it would take me days to upload it! This camera has 3 diff HD settings and 2 SD settings, this video was the lowest grade HD.

Do not have to wear Nomex for the Touring Club, but most of the time I do. It was 107 when I shot this video and without the suit I still had to be dragged out of the car.

Awesome videos! :nice I especially enjoyed hearing/seeing you come running around the driver in the second vid :)

I love your car...just seems like it'd be SUCH a blast to drive around those twisties. I'm sure you've posted it a thousand times in other places, but I've never noticed, so I'll make you brag again :) What is your suspension setup on that car? You don't gotta tell everything, but what all have you done to it?

All you trackers, but I think Mark especially, have me really wanting to get my car built and back on the road, and then start looking at modifying it for some track usage. I dunno how often Road Atlanta opens up to stuff like that, but I'd love to get a few chances to wind it out. I'm a LONG way off from that, but I've already started preparing the wife, and she has no objections :pep

Steve

Video looks good Mark -except the aspect ratio looks off a bit, the Porsche looks squished up when it's turning; maybe it's just me.

And the sound is MUCH better - you can even hear the rubber getting thrown up in the wheel wells.

Steve,

You can go to my Cardomain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/667160 and it has everything done to the car on the first 2 pages. It's close to what the R models were, but with a few modern mods. I originally built it to go vintage racing, but since there is so much open track available here at Heartland Park...I'm very happy to just go out and play.

It is fun when I have instructors asking what kind of fancy suspension parts I'm using and I tell them early 60's technology! That and I'm running a 289, they usually sit in disbelief.

"Fast68back" said:
Is that supposed to be sit or $h!t?

:rofl

No, it's SIT, nothing scares those instructors, they've seen and been through it all. Most of them are either current or past SCCA drivers. A few have been Pro drivers in the old IMSA or new American Le Mans series etc...

"70_Fastback" said:
And the sound is MUCH better - you can even hear the rubber getting thrown up in the wheel wells.

It's amazing how much rubber comes off the Bluestreaks!

So you're running stock LCAs? Not even rollers?

Thanks for pointing out your CarDomain page...lots of great pictures there!

Steve

Stock upper and lowers, not even re-enforced. Roller perches, roller idler and adj strut rods. You just don't need fancy parts to go fast! I would like to add roller arms, but I'll wait till the current ones are ready for replacement.

While watching your video, I looked over to the right at the other videos that are related. Now what I want to know is why are home pregnancy testing videos related to your video? :wtf

"cmayna" said:
While watching your video, I looked over to the right at the other videos that are related. Now what I want to know is why are home pregnancy testing videos related to your video? :wtf

That's hilarious! It must be from the HPT listing (home pregnancy test) instead of Heartland Park Topeka. Sure as hell isn't because Deb's got one in the oven.......not possible, well...at least by me.

is that TMI?????

Back