• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Accident caused by faulty floormats ... ? 'Yota

Not being mean but if he was a cop, had time to dial 911, couldn't he have shut off the key.......

I had a floor mat in a Mustang do that once...........applied the brakes and shut it off...........

Sounds like the rental will pay..

I was thinking the same thing. Or kick the thing up in neutral and blow he damn engine. Down shift, slam it in reverse. I would have been trying everything possible...

Still a bad deal either way.

Being a CHP officer I would think he would handle such situations better. As was said if they had the time to call 911 then they has time to try other things....of course hind sight is golden.

Years ago I had the throttle hang on the mustang. My first reaction was to go in neutral and kill the key. I can't imagine calling 911. Like Mike said, it's always easier to react on the sidelines though. Sad story.

I had my throttle stick on my DD. I swapped a HO 5.0 in my T-Bird and the cruise control bound up when I stabbed the throttle. My first reaction was to hit the brakes but I quickly realized it wasn't going to stop and I was aimed at some parked cars, so I shut it off at the key. I can't imagine trying to use the phone to call 911!

Back in high school, I had the throttle stick on my old firebird. I didn't have time to react. It stuck while going through a curve, hit loose gravel, lost control, and the car decided to jump a ditch, take out someones mailbox, front yard, and climb a pecan tree.

Back