• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ACP vs Scott Drake 67 Deluxe Aluminum Dash

sentipede

Hello,
I was looking to order one of these deluxe dash kits. Both kits include the same parts, including the chrome backing...

ACP=$89
Scott Drake=$149

Is it worth the premium?

Anyone have experience with either?

b9ca_12.JPG

Thanks in advance!

I am not familiar with the ACP product. I do have the Scott Drake panels and they are very nice. In looking for replacement panels the details are what separate the different products. For example, the turn signal arrows on the original units are surrounded by a chrome frame. Scott Drake has them as well. Some other brands that I looked at had no frames, just an arrow cutout in the aluminum. Additionally, the originals have have chrome edging at the lower left where the instrument bezel mates with the heater/AC control panel. I have seen no reproductions that have that feature. Likewise. the originals have chrome edging at the lower right where the instrument bezel mates with the center dash piece. No repro I saw had that feature. It all depends upon how close to original you are willing to accept. If you have pics of the ACP product, please post them here or provide a link so that I may look at them. Thanks, and Good Luck with your search.

Here's a pic of the Scott Drake pieces:

2_25_08_09_10_24_07_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know nothing about this post's subject, but just wanted to say Welcome to the dark side sentipede.

"cmayna" said:
I know nothing about this post's subject, but just wanted to say Welcome to the dark side sentipede.

Haha, thanks cmayna...I just found out about this site, a wealth of knowledge has been migrating here lately...

I am looking for another dash piece to send over to the Carroll Shelby Foundation to have signed by Mr. Shelby. I am undecided whether I am going to install it or keep it displayed in the office, but I want to make sure its done right so I will probably just purchase the Scott Drake kit for best measure.

Thanks again!

Back