• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adding A New "Mustang"

Ponyman66

Yak, yak, yak
I've held off sharing this news, primarily until things firmed up a bit. Yes, we're adding a new "Mustang". It's not the kind you may think though, hence the reason this is posted in the Non-Mustang forum. It's not a car, not a horse, but the street address of the new home we're purchasing. How's that for a Pony fan! Friends and family reply "I shoulda known you'd find something like that", when we tell them the street name.

We've rented for the past 20+ years, initially due to moving so much in the military and immediately afterwards. After settling back home there were some differences of opinion about buying versus renting. Needless to say, in order to keep things happy on the home front, we continued to rent. That is now FINALLY coming to an end. We've been actively looking for a home over the past two years.

We had a very specific wish list and what we wanted doesn't come on the market here very often. As a matter of fact, only two homes came even remotely close while we've looked. They already had pending contracts and why the hell the realtor even sent us the listings is beyond me! We changed realtors twice, quickly dumping the first one that was sending us the homes with contracts! The second one started out good and upon meeting him I discovered ironically enough that I had grown up with him and his sister! He was a pretty hard charger at first but I think he grew frustrated in not being able to locate something quickly that fit our desires. After awhile we rarely heard from him. Our final realtor only does it part time. His primary job is, well, I work with him! Since he could be more patient due to it not being is main source of income we were more confident with him sticking it out. We signed an agent contract with him and he's stuck with us for over a year now, actively working to find us something we wanted during the whole time.

Last month I received a new listing alert from him. The price was right and I blown away when I saw the street address. I knew it was fate calling. When I looked at the pictures it was a done deal for me, and I knew the wife would feel the same way. As soon as she saw it she only had three words..."I want it!". The house is everything we wanted and more. I scheduled a viewing the next day, submitted an offer that afternoon and signed a contract the next morning. Things have been going pretty smoothly and we're down to the wire (though the listing agent has been a royal PITA!). We're over all of the high hurdles and should be closing in the next several weeks. We'll have a significant increase in our monthly payment over our current rent, but I got a promotion last week with a large pay increase that covers the additional expense almost fully so our budget won't even feel it.

The move should be "easy" as it's located less than 5 miles from where we currently live. Though no move is truly easy, at least it's close! The first major project...my new shop! Of course, I was scoping out the property for a shop location when I looked at the house. It's a 2.25 acre wooded lot so there's lots of space. I've already found a perfect spot at the rear of the property. Plenty of room, minimal trees to take down, level ground, and no zoning issues! I'll get another promotion a year from now with an even larger salary increase so that'll cover the shop cost. In the mean time I'll be going from a two car garage to a three car garage so I'll still be able to get stuff done (when I get off my ass and make more progress on the coupe!). Hopefully the shop will be completed when I'm ready to start working on the fastback! I can't tell you how happy we are and how truly blessed we've been!

15021364_2.jpg

Congrats on the purchase, looks like a really nice place that will be nice and peaceful.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Mustang avenue, lane, place, road, street, highway or court?

My street name is a popular dog breed. :cool:

Congrats on the new home.

fd

Thanks guys. It is in the country (though not too far out), so it is indeed peaceful. After being in our current house for almost 15 years in a similar environment I don't think I could ever live in a development again.

Mustang avenue, lane, place, road, street, highway or court?
My street name is a popular dog breed. :cool:
fd
I intentionally left that bit out. While it's not too difficult to search out, I wasn't gonna put that out there. If you REALLY wanna know I'll PM it to you.

I understand. And if you see my response I too was a little ambiguous with my street name. o_O

fd

"Here Come's the Judge" Way?

Hey, HEY....I'm watching you mister!

dawn_of_the_planet_of_the_apes_42291.jpg

Back