• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adjustable strut rods?

DougG69

I've been looking around at the various options for adjustable strut rods, and since I'm not really equipped to fab up a set myself, I thought I would ask if anyone has used the set from Rosehill Performance?

They are a fair bit less expensive than other offerings, but I would be willing to pay more for an upgrade in quality if there was an appreciable difference in performance or any question of safety.

"DougG69" said:
I've been looking around at the various options for adjustable strut rods, and since I'm not really equipped to fab up a set myself, I thought I would ask if anyone has used the set from Rosehill Performance?

They are a fair bit less expensive than other offerings, but I would be willing to pay more for an upgrade in quality if there was an appreciable difference in performance or any question of safety.

Glen at Rosehill is local to me and is a good guy. He is the go to guy for T5 work for sure.

His strut rods look perfectly usable. Shaun's have more R&D behind them and look good to boot. I'll be keeping an eye on this post. This is my next and final suspension upgrade.

Everything else up front on my car is Opentracker rollerized. The roller steering idler arm was the icing on the cake.

Crap, at $125 for the complete ends, it's not worth the effort to DIY. I guess that's another thing I'll have to put on the to-buy list. :lol

Well, I bit the bullet & went with Street or Track.

I thought their strut rods looked a little more solid & professional. I liked the CNC mount better. Plus SorT is a known & respected company in the Mustang community, and I kinda wanted to "buy local".

"DougG69" said:
Well, I bit the bullet & went with Street or Track.

I thought their strut rods looked a little more solid & professional. I liked the CNC mount better. Plus SorT is a known & respected company in the Mustang community, and I kinda wanted to "buy local".

Doug,

Thank you for your support and patronage. These are going out today, you won't be disappointed. If you are up for a road trip, come see us at the Columbus, OH swap meet next month.

Oh, and all you other guys - THANK YOU for the referrals and continued support.

^
Now see, that's cool. I couldn't have placed the order more than about an hour before he posted that. It's reassuring to know that someone will be there if there are any issues (which I don't anticipate).

If I would've gotten off my duff a few days ago & ordered these, I could have installed them over the weekend. As it is, I think I'm going to go ahead with the Shelby/Arning drop & finally install that set of Opentracker's roller perches I've had stashed back for so long.
Then I can browbeat the alignment shop into using the specs I ask for :nk

Enjoyed this thread... you guys have really enlightened me on some really well engineered products... like these vendors and their approaches to performance parts.... coooool! Giving me many ideas on my next buildup.

"DAVER" said:
Giving me many ideas on my next buildup.

What's wrong with modifying your current ride. These front end parts only make it more fun to drive........and I get no kickbacks from this....nobody sends me Wattles..... :sad :lol

Just thought I'd follow up & say I received the strut rods yesterday. They look great, very well constructed. Thanks Shaun!

Over the weekend I tore the front end down to do the Shelby drop. Got a set of Opentracker's roller perches on & got the coil springs back in this morning before work. I think I will start on the control arms tonight after I get home. If I don't sit on my 'off' button & fall asleep :)

I am really looking forward to seeing what the car feels like after all of this.

"DougG69" said:
Just thought I'd follow up & say I received the strut rods yesterday. They look great, very well constructed. Thanks Shaun!

Over the weekend I tore the front end down to do the Shelby drop. Got a set of Opentracker's roller perches on & got the coil springs back in this morning before work. I think I will start on the control arms tonight after I get home. If I don't sit on my 'off' button & fall asleep :)

I am really looking forward to seeing what the car feels like after all of this.

Great!

Let us know if you have any install/setup questions.

"Sluggo" said:
Glen at Rosehill is local to me and is a good guy. He is the go to guy for T5 work for sure.

His strut rods look perfectly usable. Shaun's have more R&D behind them and look good to boot. I'll be keeping an eye on this post. This is my next and final suspension upgrade.

Everything else up front on my car is Opentracker rollerized. The roller steering idler arm was the icing on the cake.

Sluggo, is your car running power steering? A couple of us in another thread were wondering if the roller idler arm would help much on non-PS cars at lower speeds.

I will not take the roller idler arm off to find out.......never drove this car without it.

Back