• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

After Christmas, present to myself - Injector

copasspupil

Donator
Always wanted one so decided on the spitjack magnum with 4 needles. I can't wait to make some pork butt for the superbowl. Next need to decide on a thermometer.

My wife got me a meat injector as a stocking stuffer. Never used one before, so that's a new frontier for me.

What type of thermometer are you looking for? Meat or smoker/grill?

For my smokers, I use the Maverick ET-732 which is wireless and has two probes for both the smoker and meat.

For a meat thermometer which you periodically insert into the meat for kitchen work, grill or smoker, I use the Thermapen. Dead fast and accurate.

I've looked at those injectors, maybe one day. Thermo's I'm with Craig on the PT-732, don't think the 733 is worth the extra for the presets. On an instant read I like the PT-100 that maverick makes, ranks with the thermapen but doesn't hurt the pockets as much, I think the display is easy to read.

The Mavericks? I have two PT-732's. The white one is probably two years old and the black one is 1 year. Since I run two Big Chief smokers at the same time, needed two. Can't say I've ever replaced the batteries in either.

Around 4 years, no problems just remember not to get water in the probes where the wire enters. That is a weak point, some people will put a dab of silicone to seal it up. I just clean them by wiping with a anti-bacterial wipe.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I am thinking about the thermoworks tw8060 and buying the probes so I can use it for the grill smoker and oven.

Back