• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air fare taxes, etc

O

opentrackerSteve

What has happened with international air fare taxes, landing fees and that stuff?

I am looking into surprising my wife for our 25th anniversary with a trip to Rome and the txes, fees, etc are as much as the airfare?!?!?

well we got what we wanted...competition. Sure the fares themselves are competitive but the airlines realize to cover costs they need to charge...for everything.

bitch and moan but its the way it is. Pay or get there another way.

I don't have an issue with the fare. It's the taxes. The taxes are nondescribed and as much as the fare.

I realize that additional luggage, meals, etc are extras. That is not what I am talking about. It is simply labeled as taxes and other fees. These are government charges and/or airport fees that are not broken down.

Example:

I checked on a fare from LAX to Rome in the fall. I looked and the best fare I could find for two tickets was about 2800.00 for the both, that comprised of 1400.00 in fare and 1400.00 in taxes, fees, etc.

If I use miles, the tickets drop to 1400.00 as I am still responsible for the taxes, airport landing fees, etc.

I find this incredible and I just wanted to find out what the breakdown is.

Back