• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alabama or Texas?

daveSanborn

Who will be our next national champion?

I'm praying that it's Texas if for no other reason than to shut all of the closet Alabama fans up.

Being a Gator fan, the pink tide is a mortal enemy (not literally), but being an SEC compadre' I must say that they will "roll" over Texas like sagebrush in the wind!

I predict more of an asswhipp'n than the Gators put on Cincy.

Personally, I have little interest in the game but I hope Texas wins. Only because my boss is a huge Texas fan and is going to the game. If they loose he's sure to be in a really bad mood come Monday, LOL!

I don't have a dog in the fight but am hoping it is a decent, close game. The bowl season this year has been a bunch of lousy, boring games for the most part, and we need an exciting one for a change.

The bowl season this year has been a bunch of lousy, boring games for the most part, and we need an exciting one for a change.

Did you miss the Boise State game? I thought that one was pretty darned good. After listening to all of the TCU hype for the last 2 months..... and comments like "If TCU crushes Boise State they should get a share of the national title."..... and then TCU's offense collapses and can't do diddly against Boise State.... and the same announcers then state that "Boise State doesn't deserve a share of the national title"..... WTF?

Boise State beat everyone who dared to play them outside of their division. You can't fault their "strength of schedule" if during the off-season scheduling period the normally ranked teams refuse an invite to play them.

I hope that Alabama loses in a close game and Texas and Boise State share the national championship.

Sucked to see TCU lose. They really need a playoff system. I liked the comments and commercials during the Fiesta bowl, first time two undefeated teams have met in a bowl that was not going to decide a national championship.

And Dave, :wtf is that avatar of yours?

"Fast68back" said:
Sucked to see TCU lose. They really need a playoff system. I liked the comments and commercials during the Fiesta bowl, first time two undefeated teams have met in a bowl that was not going to decide a national championship.

And Dave, :wtf is that avatar of yours?

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing TCU lose. I wish that Boise would have run up 50 pts. on them.

What I did notice about TCU was the good lookin' women fans! The camera would show some Boise State fans and the girls all looked they made the trip down to AZ in the back of a chicken truck. Seconds later the camera would pan through the TCU fan section and all of the women were drop dead gorgeous. Must be a Texas vs. Idaho woman thing, I dunno.

IRT my new avatar, one you numb nuts keeps screwing with me and I haven't narrowed it down yet to exactly who, but I have my suspicions. Keep screwin' with me and my new avatar will be a closeup picture of my "bat wing".

"daveSanborn" said:
Keep screwin' with me and my new avatar will be a closeup picture of my "bat wing".
And that's worse than the browning of the chicken legs? :lol :lol

RE: Fiesta, that game did not live up to the hype. If the BCS had known they would play like that, the invites would have been rescinded. If the BCS game had been ALA-TCU (which would have happened if the officials hadnt given TX the win over NEB), ALA, as poorly as their QB played, would have destroyed TCU.

The Idaho-Bowling Green game was the best of the bunch, go figure.

And, last nights game was just OK. Texas made it interesting for about 10 minutes, then the TX QB lost the ball and that was that.

All good points.

I felt for the backup TX QB last night.... poor kid didn't get but ~40 snaps all year. The last time he played a full game was last year.... in High School. Talk about a pressure situation..... National Championship Game.... opening drive your starting Heisman candidate QB goes down and the coach looks at you and says "go get 'em kid". He probably pissed himself running out onto the field. Heck, I probably would have if I were him.

It's amazing he and the Texas team played as well as they did without their leader. It would've been interesting to see how the game would've ended had Colt McCoy not gotten injured.

Back