• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Almost tempted...

RustyRed

The academy for the place where the boys play baseball is right next door to a storage place. Right over the fence from the back batting cages is a Fox body that's been sitting out there for at least a year that I know of.

Car looks to be all original. There is an older style toll road tag on it so I figure it last ran about five or six years ago.

I have to admit, I am becoming increasingly tempted to figure out who owns the car and see if they'd be interested in selling it. Hate to see it sitting there....at the least they could part it out instead of letting it sit in the weather to rot.

Would have to get it pretty cheap because at a minimum it needs paint (and probably a motor / tranny rebuild, etc) and those cars nicely done are not fetching that much money....but still tempted.

Ask the storage managers if they can contact the owner to see if he is interested in selling. I have done that on several vehicles.

"AzPete" said:
Ask the storage managers if they can contact the owner to see if he is interested in selling. I have done that on several vehicles.

I was thinking that's my best bet.

Could leave a note on it but don't think the owner is ever around and first time it rains the note is toast.

Biggest problem would be where to keep the car though.

Ironically, it was the same storage facility that had a really nice second generation Trans Am for sale and priced to sell a couple months back. I spotted the ad for it but it sold before I could go look at it. It was a good enough deal that it sold almost the same day the ad went up. Friend and I were kicking around buying it to flip it and had even kicked around buying it and selling my TA since that one was a four speed car.

"RustyRed" said:
Biggest problem would be where to keep the car though.
How about parking it right next to the dog house that you'll probably be calling your new home. :shrug

"70 StangMan" said:
How about parking it right next to the dog house that you'll probably be calling your new home. :shrug

What do you mean new home...it's where I reside most of the time...with summer coming on I'm considering buying a window unit for it. :roll

"RustyRed" said:
...with summer coming on I'm considering buying a window unit for it. :roll
That's what I did last summer....this year adding a rear deck and awning. :thu

Back