• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alpine deck broke!

68EFIvert

I have an Alpine Deck that has maybe 30 hours on it. The radio works fine but it won't allow me to load a CD. The model number is 9883 IIRC. Has anyone ever had a problem with an alpine deck doing that? I am half tempted to just buy another deck but it annoyes me that this one broke so quickly. Of course I purchaed the deck about 5 years ago so there is no warranty.

If I buy another what do you guys recommend? Here is the rest of my speakers/ setup. Focal component 6.5" front, Eclipse 4*6 in the doors and 2 10" MTX subs. All powered by a 5 channel Alpine amp. Thanks for the help.

mmw68

I've always used alpine decks for years, with no issues. But they are not the company they where 10 years ago. Iam only buying decks that control my iphone or ipod, I've totally gone digital now.

On a side note - did you get your exhaust cut outs wired yet?? Took my mustang to hot rod night last saturday, and they where a blast to use when leaving.

S8NS 289

My favorite deck was the sony CDX-F7700 it would play scratched CD's very well, and it was easy to use with lots of options they are a bit pricey but i'm going to re-use it in my 68 will match good too with brushed alum. look
CDX-F7700_big.jpg

A

Anonymous

"68EFIvert" said:
what do you guys recommend?

Louder exhaust, music in a vintage ride is only for single guys looking for action.

It's been forever since I put a radio in a car, but the Clarion that I installed in the boat is good. No problems with the radio, CD or the iPod jack. It even gets wet when skiing! It's still winterized in the barn and I don't remember what model # it is.

68EFIvert

"mmw68" said:
On a side note - did you get your exhaust cut outs wired yet?? Took my mustang to hot rod night last saturday, and they where a blast to use when leaving.

I have the cutouts wired and working. The problem is I don't have time to drive the car. We sold our house and had to pack everything up and move into a rental for the next 4 months until our house is built. We just moved this weekend. Major PITA! I hope to have a little more time to enjoy the car now that the move is almost over. Still need to unpack some must have items for the summer. The car sounds wicked with the cutouts open though. :thu

I have been waiting to put up a video on youtube for time and I need to polish up the car. It is pretty dusty right now.

A

Anonymous

Don't worry about the car being dirty, post away!! Besides, if we cared if someone let their car go, Craig would've never won COTM.

68EFIvert

I will work on getting a video up this weekend. The only problem I have is finding a place I won't piss off my new neighbors. Perhaps I should go back to my old neighborhood in front of the neighbor's house that I could not stand. They will think the world is coming to an end. :hide

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
"silverblueBP" said:
Louder exhaust, music in a vintage ride is only for single guys looking for action.

+1 here :thu :thu

(BTW its time to go mp3 on a HDD)

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
"silverblueBP" said:
Don't worry about the car being dirty, post away!! Besides, if we cared if someone let their car go, Craig would've never won COTM.

Hey Hey Hey :rant

Well, I love listening to music when I drive our Mustangs. Really miss not having an amp and bazooka in the fastback like I have in Red.

A

Anonymous

"68EFIvert" said:
I will work on getting a video up this weekend. The only problem I have is finding a place I won't piss off my new neighbors. Perhaps I should go back to my old neighborhood in front of the neighbor's house that I could not stand. They will think the world is coming to an end. :hide

When I moved from Oregon back in 06, I did just that before loading the car on the last day. I actually had an anonymous neighbor that had complained (a note at the mailbox board) about my loud exhaust.

68EFIvert

Well I fixd my radio issue. I had to replace my optima battery about 2 months ago with a new optima and the new optima died already. It would not hold the voltage and the only way I could start the car was by using my battery charger as a jumper. Once I got it up to 12 volts it would start but I could watch the volts drop 1/10th every second or so.

Once I got the battery in the CD player started working again. My electrical system (battery) looks like it was the problem. When I got the done I went to back the car out of the garage and the engine light from the computer system came on for the first time. The car was pumping out some serious smoke from running rich. Needless to say I did not get a video of the exhaust this weekend.

The frustrating part is we moved into a rental last weekend so that we could build a new house and my computer code reader is packed in a box somewhere burried in the garage. It looks like I need to go buy another one so that I can figure out what the hell is wrong now. I tell you what, if it is not one thing it is another. Getting pretty damn old if you ask me. I am about ready to take it to a shop and not pick it up until there are no bugs left. :rant

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Does the alternator charge properly??
When having a EFI system , a constant voltage on your EFI system is essential.
I have it seen many times , motormanagement systems that doesn't work properly due to a low voltage or a voltage drop somewhere in the electrical circuit.
IMHO

68EFIvert

The alternator is new but when I installed it I did not plug it into the computer system harness. I plugged it in a couple months ago when I was tracking down my charging problem. I thought I had my original charging problem fixed then but the battery just wouldn't hold a charge. I figured I was good to go with the new batttery but that was until it died.

I am headed down today to buy another code reader to see if it is a simple solution like an oxygen sensor. I can't be anything complex because the car ran good when I moved it from my old house the the new one last Sunday. That is after I jumped the battery to get it started.

66gt350

"B67FSTB" said:
Does the alternator charge properly??
When having a EFI system , a constant voltage on your EFI system is essential.
I have it seen many times , motormanagement systems that doesn't work properly due to a low voltage or a voltage drop somewhere in the electrical circuit.
IMHO

There's a couple of tables in the computer program that compensate for varying voltages. IIRC, there's one for the fuel injector pulse width vs. battery voltage. With the Ford EEC-VI, when the voltage to the computer gets under 11 volts, the car stops running and you get a ride home on a tow truck...don't ask how I know!!!