• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alright radio heads.....

blue65coupe

Time for me to get new stereo equipment and I need some help. Been out of the "radio thing" for longer than Havok has been alive. I'm not wanting to bust my quarter panels or anything but want some good sound. I will go with a cd unit and 6x9s in the rear deck. Player will probably be 50x4 so I'm guessing I won't need an amp for the 6x9s. Now, do I go with 1 sub in the back with an amp, 2 subs, tube, how big of an amp, blah blah blah??? I'm figuring I don't need more than a couple hundred watts to a sub so what do I do? I keep seeing this Alpine R sub that is supposed to be good but they are pricier than what I need. Need some opinions guys and gals. Brands??? HHGregg has a sale for two MTX (can't remember if they are 10s or 12s) already in a box with an amp (400w I believe) for $250. Yea, nea? Remember, I don't need it to be extremely loud.....just need it to be....tight :pep thanks

Whichever head unit you buy, ensure it is iPod capable. This is my next upgrade. I don't own an iPod, but everyone around me seems to and they all have 1000's of songs loaded onto them.

I'll be getting one with an auxilary input for my Sirius. I assume an Ipod will work with that. I don't own one either. Nor do I facebook, myspace, twitter, geocachwhatever, sing opera.....

I just hang out by myself with my own cold beer and just want to listen to my tunes...while dreaming of the next mbb.

Check around, someone, I want to say Alpine or Kenwood makes a headunit that has a built in MP# player. You can take the faceplate with you and use it like an MP3.

I just put a WalMart JVC unit (less than $100) that is Sat ready and support Ipod (I have 3 sons and each have one). I also went with WalMart 6x9 in the rear and 3.5" in the kick panels. I have like maybe $200 invested and it sounds okay to me.
72_10_03_09_5_12_09_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got that same JVC in my '66. Does the job well. I do find myself forgetting it is on as the pipes over ride the music. Will be cruising with the pipes and as I slow down, it's like there is music. lol It will get loud if I want it to. The PO had a pretty good size amp and stuff on it but he kept that part which did not bother me any.

If I can't find a sale I'll be getting WM unit and prob the 6x9s from there also. I've been like 16 year old over there messing with the stuff for a couple weeks now. Just looking to add a little "oomph" to it without spending a lot of cash on a system that won't get a lot of use. Now, when I add the electric cutout openers.....hold on children.

"blue65coupe" said:
I just hang out by myself with my own cold beer and just want to listen to my tunes...while dreaming of the next mbb.

Damn Duane, <sniff,sniff> That brought a tear to my eye.

Here's what I use for music, sounds awesome and was fairly inexpensive.

6671600050_large.jpg

Sorry to hijack (But not so sorry I don't do it)

Mark, are you not running Sub Frame Connectors on your car?

I ask cause I dig the side-exit exhaust but was always wondering how I could possibly route it around SFCs...and had thought about asking you how you were doing it...but now it doesn't look like you are? you don't miss them on the track?

No sbc's, but I have a 6pt cage. The car is pretty solid the way it is, it would take a better driver than me to see the difference!

&quot;silverblueBP&quot; said:
No sbc's, but I have a 6pt cage. The car is pretty solid the way it is, it would take a better driver than me to see the difference!

I thought for sure you had a small block chebby in dat... :crazy

No sbc's, but I have a 6pt cage.

AHH, ok...I knew you had a bar but didn't realize you had a cage...that explains that then...I was shocked thinking you were driving like that in a car with the rigidity of an accordian :yikes

Thanks

Steve
</hijack>

Maybe you can let the girl in the PT cruzer take it for a spin and let you know what she thinks! :pep

&quot;lethal289&quot; said:
Maybe you can let the girl in the PT cruzer take it for a spin and let you know what she thinks! :pep

:mod :2guns :guns

For your information, it's one of those Transtesticle types :mid

&quot;lethal289&quot; said:
Theres more then one here, and with a statement like that, you might piss off both of them!

Meh, who F'n cares :2guns

Back