• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Am I eligible for the Darwin award?

Johnny M

ok....So first of all let me explain my lack of pics and update about my road trip down the west coast. I am unable to work my computer so well due to this.....
Arm.jpg

Which was caused by this
IMG_4353.jpg

which resulted in this
IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

which was the net result of me driving down the wrong side of the road and straight into another car head on the day after returning from my holiday.

Thankfully the other driver is ok and the cars and my ego have taken the biggest knocks. It is slightly scary that it happened 5 minutes from home and it never even registered with me until after the smash that it was in fact me on the wrong side of the road.

It could have been a whole lot worse if i were going any faster and the next vehicle that came around the corner was an oil tanker which luckily was able to stop in time.

:roul

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! Although that's a really bad accident, it does not qualify for a Darwin award simply because you lived to tell about it.

Glad it was mostly only your pride that was hurt.

Was it the wrong side of the road for you or the wrong side of the road for us? To much time in the states, got you used to driving on the right side of the road.......

"Fast68back" said:
Was it the wrong side of the road for you or the wrong side of the road for us? To much time in the states, got you used to driving on the right side of the road.......

I drove on the wrong side for me. So i drove down the road on the right side instead of the left.... :roll

The guy in the other car must have been :wtf

sorry to hear about the accident.

Most accidents occur close to home because people put their guard down as they are approaching familiar territory.....

A doofus award would be in order.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
sorry to hear about the accident.

Most accidents occur close to home because people put their guard down as they are approaching familiar territory.....

A doofus award would be in order.

Thanks Steve,
I gladly accept a doofus award for this one.

Even when the other guy came around the corner my only thought was "WTF is he doing on the wrong side of the road." it took a minute or two after the smoke cleared and the airbag was out of my face for me to realize.

I thought i would be more prone to it on an unfamiliar road.

Oh great...this makes me feel so much better considering I'll be there next year. :wtf :steer :steer :steer :steer :steer

Glad it wasn't worse.

In The Worlds fastest Indian the car salesman tells Bert Munro "Where ever you drive in the world, the driver is next to the middle of the road".
This is what i remember when i drive on the wrong (non OZ) side of the road.

That sucks, it could have been worse.

A daughter was in Ireland earlier this year and she & a friend rented a car and of course drove on the wrong side of the road, saw oncoming traffic in their lane and the :wtf's apparently started flying until they realized their error at the last moment and swerved back to the correct lane.

So Johnny,
Are you okay other than the wrist?

Is the BMW totalled?
Were you ticketed?

Dude, that sucks. I hope you're ok.

I almost did that when I was in Ireland. I made a left turn into the wrong lane. Luckily no one was coming and we realized it right away.

Personally I think him and the GF were fooling around while driving down the road, if you know what I mean...nudgey, nudgey.
:thu

TapaYakin' from my iPhone

Thanks guys,

The BMW is totalled or "beyond economical repair" as the insurance company call it.

They didn't ticket me or even breathalyze me. I knew the cop that responded and she knows i am not the type to get drunk on a Thursday afternoon and drive the wrong way up the road. :steer

Luckily it is only my wrist/hand. I have a chipped bone in my knuckle and a small fracture and chipped bone in my wrist. The cast is a major PITA. I feel like getting the grinder to it already. :guns

I am looking at this as my new daily driver.
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3770924

"cmayna" said:
Personally I think him and the GF were fooling around while driving down the road, if you know what I mean...nudgey, nudgey.
:thu

I wish I had a cool excuse like this.

"Johnny M" said:
i am not the type to get drunk on a Thursday afternoon and drive the wrong way up the road.

And you call yourself Irish. :no :roll

What about a Diesel version of the 328?

Back