1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Am I not alone?

Discussion in 'Non Mustang General Discussion' started by Midlife, Feb 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JD08

JD08 Member

If I see curling on a tv at a restaurant, I can't stop watching and I don't know why. But other than that, politicization has taken the fun out of most sports now.

2. JeffTepper

JeffTepper Well-Known Member

Politics has always been a part of broadcast Olympic coverage. Back when there was a USSR, the medal count was covered every evening during the 6 0'clock news as if it were a validation of capitalism over communism. Winning at any cost led to the doping scandals and the gender verification of the "husky" Russian women. At the end of the day, it's all about money (host city bidding wars, bribes, and subsidies for the Olympic organizations, sponsors, merchandise, licensing, etc.) Follow the money if you care about any of this.

tarafied1 and guruatbol like this.
  3. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

4. KBMWRS

You guys are just a bunch of OLD FARTS

Lighten up

5. KBMWRS

Especially Randy .....old I mean

6. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

Last time I watched the Olympics, I was a teenager. Women's gymnastics...on mute....for research purposes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

msell66 likes this.
  7. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

I remember as a child watching Peggy Fleming skate around in her short skirt with one leg high in the air and asking my parents, "Is she wearing any underwear?"

8. FordDude

FordDude Well-Known Dude Staff Member Moderator

Sports are to be viewed live. Korea is like 12 hours away from the pacific time zone. Not really into winter sports, expect for hockey.

fd

tarafied1 likes this.
  9. Laurie S.

Laurie S. Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

No, you don’t wear underwear because it will show.

Mach1 Driver likes this.
  10. 70 StangMan

70 StangMan Well-Known Member Donator

Finally a reason to watch. :)

11. GypsyR

GypsyR just some guy

I've never really watched. I used to be on a gymnastics team and still don't watch. Never have. I loved playing on the high school soccer team but have never watched more than a couple of minutes of any soccer game ever on TV. I raced flat track a bit but only ever went to one race just to watch. I'm just not a good non-participant spectator I guess.

12. Patrick Stapler

Patrick Stapler Active Member

About the only event I watch is Short Track. Sometimes Skeleton. Those two can get pretty exciting.

13. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

Ive always loved the Olympics, summer and winter. I have the politization (i.e. Lindsey Vonn spouting she doesn't represent the president etc etc). Even the US team medal total has dropped WAY off from the 2010 Vancouver winter Olympics. Ive found that Millenials are not interested in watching the Olympics at all. Im betting because they ALL got TROPHIES as kids. Competition triggers them into their safe spaces.

14. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

The curling helps me sleep

tarafied1 likes this.
  15. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

I remember when the games were held in honor of Zeus, king of the gods. My favorite event was when Oenomaus, the king of Pisa, Greece, decreed that any young man who wanted to marry his daughter was required to drive away with her in his chariot, and Oenomaus would follow in another chariot, and spear the suitor if he caught up with them. Good times.

16. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

When we were in Greece a few years ago, we traveled north of Athens to the site of the first olympic games. That was pretty cool!

FordDude and tarafied1 like this.
  17. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

I've never actually been to Greece, but then again I don't get around much.

msell66 likes this.
  18. JD08

JD08 Member

I've been to Athens, Georgia. Is it near there?

tarafied1 likes this.
  19. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Just across the crick.

tarafied1 likes this.