• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

America the beautifull in spanish -really?

Flysure1

I know coke is a world wide product but when the super bowl is in Cancun I expect to listen to the commercials in Spanish. When it is in the U.S. stick to English. The first half sucked for the Broncos, the commercials also sucked, the second has to be better!!!

It was more than Spanish. There were a couple other languages too. I was a bit put off.

This is how the devil works. He slowly makes up feel like what he is doing is ok then before we know it we are ripe for destruction.

Mel

"Larry G" said:
Yes I think so too and there's nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your right to your opinion. Coke put a post on facebook about the commercial---it is getting slammed about 5 negatives to every one positive.

Remember we are country of immigrants. I liked it even with my conservative views.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"Larry G" said:
Yes I think so too and there's nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there should have been a different song chosen. This is what I was talking about, we are so desensitized that we are to believe that it is OK.

Yes we are a country of immigrants. I can't be too far off when Coke is getting so much flack over it. Bad choice just like Coke Classic.

Mel

The different languages didn't bother me. I do think to live you should speak English. But the the dudes holding hands and hugging was to much.

Sent via paper airplane.

I don't care if they speak different languages, my thing is when they don't assimilate into this country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"KBMWRS" said:
Hate....its what the world is made of. :whis
Hate is way to harsh--America the beautiful is a song that was close to replacing the national anthem at one time(actually came to a senate vote in the 30's) and I realize we are a country of immigrants but I stand firm in my belief that at the super bowl songs should be presented in English.

"David67" said:
I don't care if they speak different languages, my thing is when they don't assimilate into this country.
Isn't speaking the "native" tongue a big part of assimilation?

Sure we are a country of immigrants but in our modern world we do not seem to be a country of one people any longer. We are more a conglomeration of groups, many of which refuse to merge with the majority.

"68EFIvert" said:
I think it should have been sung in Navajo. :whis
This is the response I thought could be avoided by using the quote marks. I tried.

Navajos are immigrants to the US, too. They came from Canada, and of course, Asia originally.

Really! do we have so little to do with our lives then to criticise a commercial, we were all immigrants at one time

"Teebone" said:
Really! do we have so little to do with our lives then to criticise a commercial, we were all immigrants at one time
The Indians let it go and look at what happened to them. Actually I have no problems with the way immigration should and used to work, they dreamed of coming to America, there were jobs, opportunity, education for their children, they wanted to learn our ways and reap the rewards, now it is a lot more like -we are here, send us our check, give us our medicine/food and you need to learn my language. It was a proud moment for a lot of immigrants to join our system not abuse it, those days have dwindled.

Back