• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"American Pickers" affect....

midpack

Went to a big spring swap meet yesterday... I saw a whole lot more tin signs, oil cans and old rusted toys than usual... everybody thought they were selling gold too... I knew those shows would have an affect on these shows. You guys noticing that in your areas?

I always see that stuff at meets around here. I have never stopped to see or ask a price - so I don't know honestly.

I've always been amazed with the junk people try and sell, and think that it's made of gold.

as someone who has dealt in that kind of "junk" for years, i can say t.v. shows do have an effect on prices. same thing goes for barrett jackson since they have been televised. every farmer with an old rusty hunk in the field thinks it should be worth a mint cuz "they saw it sell for x amount on that t.v. auction"

i guess the good thing for me is i bought most of my collectibles over the past 20 yrs & am on the selling end now, so if prices rise everywhere else, my prices will seem more than fair. anyone who has been by here can verify that i have way too much junk...

I was at a flea market over the weekend and was shocked at all the old oil cans, but i didn't think about american picker till now... That explains it for sure.

Back