• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another death in the family

JeffTepper

Warning: This is a sad post......

As much of a rag tag group of misfits as we all are, there is a strong sense of community that has developed here and at VMF over the years. Obviously, geographic distance by necessity determines how often, if at all, we get together and share our thoughts, ideas, opinions, and friendship. Yet, at the end of the day, this amazing internet has allowed each of us to grow our sense of family to include people from all over. In my case, I have had the pleasure to meet and spend time with many folks including JohnnyM from Ireland, Vinny & Toni (Teebone) and Charles Turner from North Carolina, Glen (MrGEM) from Colorado, Shaun from Michigan, Ryan (Monkeystash) from Georgia, Laurie S from Tuscon, Mike and Joyce Epperson from Utah, Gary (Mousestang) from Barrie, Ontario, as well as the NorCal and SoCal locals, and many others. My point is that as a result of opening up our friendship circles, we find that it is those commonalities which bring us together, and allow us to rise above the differences in opinion and philosophy that often define us individually. We all have an affection for old Mustangs and that is at the core of why you are reading this post.

During the past decade our community has lost members who were widely known, respected, and loved. Examples that immediately come to mind include, JohnPro, BobTripp (Delilah67), Bill Gearhart (BillGear), and Sam Griffiths (Sigtauenus), all of whom were stand up guys and are genuinely missed here. We have even shared kindness over the loss of family pets.

Some of the locals already know this but for the rest of you, I am introducing this larger community to my step son, Nicholas Morago. Nick was not really a car guy but, at the end of the day, he loved my Mustang, he savored the opportunity to take a fast ride in it, and he has a framed copy of my sig pic that he proudly displays in his home. Nick was found unconscious and not breathing Friday evening. The reasons for this condition may never be fully known. Heroic efforts by the EMT and ER staffs produced a pulse after an hour of chest compressions and other aggressive interventions. For the past 48+ hours he has been in ICU and kept alive by aggressive means. The process allowed the ICU team to assess the magnitude of damage done to his brain and vital organs due to oxygen deprivation for an extended period. At just past 2:00 a.m. this morning, Nicholas slipped away at age 40, leaving his mother, Lynn, his brother, Daniel, and many others behind.

There is some comfort in knowing that Nicholas is in a better place now but, at the same time, Lynn, who has been holding up remarkably well for the past 48+ hours, expressed the anguish of parents everywhere: "A mother is not supposed to be burying her child". This raw emotion reverberates in my head.

Thanks for allowing me to express my grief among friends.....

Regards, Jeff

Very sorry Jeff. My prayers are with you and your family.

We are all here for you if you need anything.

So sorry to hear this sad news Jeff. Deb and I send our most heartfelt condolences to you and your family. It's never easy when a family member dies, especially around Christmas.

Very sorry Jeff. My prayers are with you and your family. If you are in need of a shoulder, or anything else. We are here for you.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family Jeff. May God be with you in these trying times. God Bless......

So sorry Jeff.
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
Our prayers are with you and your family

Back