• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another fun day at the lake *with pics*

A

Anonymous

Another fine, low wind day; Deb, Matt (nephew) and myself went out to the lake to catch up on some water skiing. Had a great time and Deb managed to get some nice pics!

Deb showing her "Gangsta look"

DebgoofinMedium.jpg

Matt with his second time on a slalom ski!

MattslalomMedium.jpg

Me on one for the first time in 20+ years. Notice I have the "air brakes" deployed :pbj

MarkslalomMedium.jpg

Me mocking how Matt looked last year.

DufusMedium.jpg

Me jumping on 2 skis.

CombojumpMedium.jpg

Matt getting some nice air

MattairMedium.jpg

Mattair2Medium.jpg

Me, the first wake to wake that I landed

MarkairMedium.jpg

and Me, KNOWING I'm not gonna land it and then the painful result!!

UhOhMedium.jpg

CrashMedium.jpg

It's not the "britches", it's the chicken legs in them!!

I hate you. We were just talking, this morning, how we could get the boat out this year, and can't see it happening with the chemo schedule. hopefully, we'll have another good boating season next year.

Looks like you guys had a blast, though. I'm very jealous!

"70 StangMan" said:
Is that just a Kansas thing ?? :eek:mg

Color coded so you know how long the rope sections are. Although I'll admit when they bleach out a little, the pastels are sort of :ga

Went out last night for a last ski send off since my nephew is headed for college. Was on one ski and throwing some nice walls of water when I lost control and side slapped the water. I'm pretty sure I've cracked another rib. [nb]one that's been busted 3 times before[/nb]

Looks like no skiing for a couple weeks.......again :rp This getting old shart is for the birds.

Maybe someone got a pic, but I don't have it yet!

To my detriment, I have a high threshold for pain :eek:mg Maybe it's just bruised this time. Fo sho it's nowhere near as bad as last time when I cracked 3 and turned the cartilage into crunchy jello!

"silverblueBP" said:
....... it's nowhere near as bad as last time when I cracked 3 and turned the cartilage into crunchy jello!
Well, as long as you are having fun. :craz

Well, if you are so dang tough, what the heck you doing even mentioning, let alone complaining about a sore rib...........
:nk while he is down...lol

:lol

I broke mine when I wiped out on a wake. Waited a week before I went to the doc.

But I wasn't :craz enough to go out until it healed. Perhaps that 'splains the 3 time. Just sayin'

Actually, I'm complaining that I won't be skiing for awhile, the pain is irrelevant. I never said I was tough, just that I don't feel the same pain pansies feel :craz

"apollard" said:
:lol

I broke mine when I wiped out on a wake. Waited a week before I went to the doc.

But I wasn't :craz enough to go out until it healed. Perhaps that 'splains the 3 time. Just sayin'

Well, it has been 2 years since I broke them last. I'm just hoping it heals in 2 weeks :pbj I think I'll give up the slalom ski for the last time, it's just not worth the time off. I seem to open up my ribs during those falls where if I'm on 2 skis, the wakeboard or barefoot I just tuck and roll.

I think it's time to face the fact that my almost 50 yr old body can't keep up with my 19 yr old brain.[nb]maybe not even 19, but close[/nb]

Back