• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another job interview!

Kats66Pny

I had my husband fax my resume to a veterinary clinic that is hiring. Got a call this morning asking if I can come in at 10:45am for an interview. :yah

Good luck, I could not even work the desk at a vets office, when a pet had to be put down it would tear me up to see the owners grieve. Glad others can do it.

Fun interview. LOL The Dr and the Tech who interviewed me were hilarious. She said they had 3 more interviews to do, then will make their decision probably sometime next week. Going to keep my fingers crossed!
It's only a part time job working a few hours a day but better than nothing.

Kat,
Good luck. Hope you land it.

Rod,
My daughter works at a pet hospital and talking about developing thick skin when it comes to putting down a pet. I don't see how she handles it. Like you, I couldn't do it.

I cried my eyes out in the beginning when a pet was put down. Now, I'm over it. I've learned that I'd rather see the animal put down than left to suffer which makes injecting the pink juice easier and less heartbreaking. Sometimes it's a relief and makes you feel better knowing you helped end the animals pain and suffering.

Agreed. When I worked for a Vet, it was hard at first. Much easier when you have seen the animal decline. The Vet I worked for refused to put animals down 'just because', however, so I've never helped put down a health animal. Well, not in the Vets office. Hunting/farming is another matter, but those animals are not pets.

If I worked at a shelter and had to put down a completely healthy animal only because it couldn't find a home.... I wouldn't be able to deal with that. Sick/injured animals is easy.

Way to go! Throw me some of that luck. I haven't had but one interview in a year of looking...

"blu67" said:
Way to go! Throw me some of that luck. I haven't had but one interview in a year of looking...

I don't see how that is possible with your talent and skills! :wtf Are you trying to find a job in the art industry or just any job that gives a paycheck?

http://jobs.cgsociety.org I believe most of those are jobs are for digital artists, but doesn't hurt to check to see if there's someone hiring someone who can actually draw, unlike me. I can barely draw a stick figure. LOL
There's also a forum where folks can post their artwork. Never hurts to post some there because you never know who is looking. There's lots of folks there who work for movie & gaming companies.

It's a long shot, but create a DeviantArt account, post some art and mention you're looking for a job. :shrug I know a few folks who have done that and were 'discovered' and now work on magazines, book covers, music CD covers, etc.

Wish I could help you more. :(

Well, I'm not looking for art jobs. I'm looking for Facility Management jobs in South Orange County. It's not just a paycheck as it isn't too bad of a job and I do it well. Just need to have someone give me a break.
I had one company interested in me last July, had an interview and was told that the job description may be changing afterall. Never heard back. Fast forward to last week and an updated version of that job comes up at the same place and I apply again for it. I get a call from a recruiter that works for the company and he says I have just what they want and he will get my resume seen....next day, he e-mails me that they won't be continuing with my candidacy. WHAT! The only thing I can see is that I screwed up the interview somehow in July and the hiring manager saw it was me again and nixed it. Dunno. Bummed me out. Not too many jobs out there in the area I want to move my family with the skills I have. Believe me, I look every day.
Something will come along. Still waiting to hear on a job at Blizzard.

"blu67" said:
Well, I'm not looking for art jobs. I'm looking for Facility Management jobs in South Orange County. It's not just a paycheck as it isn't too bad of a job and I do it well. Just need to have someone give me a break.
I had one company interested in me last July, had an interview and was told that the job description may be changing afterall. Never heard back. Fast forward to last week and an updated version of that job comes up at the same place and I apply again for it. I get a call from a recruiter that works for the company and he says I have just what they want and he will get my resume seen....next day, he e-mails me that they won't be continuing with my candidacy. WHAT! The only thing I can see is that I screwed up the interview somehow in July and the hiring manager saw it was me again and nixed it. Dunno. Bummed me out. Not too many jobs out there in the area I want to move my family with the skills I have. Believe me, I look every day.
Something will come along. Still waiting to hear on a job at Blizzard.

Sorry to hear about the hard times finding work down south.

Hope something comes up soon for you.

"blu67" said:
I get a call from a recruiter that works for the company and he says I have just what they want and he will get my resume seen....next day, he e-mails me that they won't be continuing with my candidacy. WHAT! The only thing I can see is that I screwed up the interview somehow in July and the hiring manager saw it was me again and nixed it.

Give the recruiter a call and very nicely explain you want to learn from your job search and ask for more feedback. Most will give you more info about why you were turned down, but you have to approach it from the "help me grow / learn" frame.

"apollard" said:
Give the recruiter a call and very nicely explain you want to learn from your job search and ask for more feedback. Most will give you more info about why you were turned down, but you have to approach it from the "help me grow / learn" frame.
I actually tried that but he said, "I didn't get any info as to why they don't want to continue with your candidacy. Put this one behind you." Wellll...okay then. I did get a recruiter who turned me down offer advice and I took it and have used it. I just keep holding out for my luck to hit.

"abrahamfh" said:
Sorry to hear about the hard times finding work down south.

Hope something comes up soon for you.
Don't get me wrong. I currently do have a job, fortunately. We just want to relocate and I have to find a good paying job first and then my wife will follow with one in the area.

"blu67" said:
I actually tried that but he said, "I didn't get any info as to why they don't want to continue with your candidacy. Put this one behind you."

That's one crappy recruiter.

This morning I got an unsolicited e-mail from a recruiter looking for someone to work in an organization similar to the one I've been at for the last eight years.

The pay would be a significant bump up in pay before bonus but the commute would be a lot longer.

I am tempted but probably going to pass since I've found a bird in the hand is often worth two in the bush. If you move and the boss ends up being an a-hole or something along those lines you're screwed but I also think reading between the lines the place is probably a sweat shop.

Not to mention, now I am more than making it financially and I am home a lot of days by 5:30 p.m. and playing baseball with the boys or taking them to their aikido class, etc. Figure the guys are only going to be little once so I better spend time with them now....

I am having same sort of bad job luck. I've had to stop looking until after the surgery as well. There just doesn't seem to be anything better than the fast food college kid jobs here. The better jobs that require college or experience are paying $8-$10 an hour, WTF?

I am good at facility management and managing people is what I have done for many years, but those jobs are very few and far in between. I refuse to relocate, so that makes it harder. So, if I hang in there with the bus gig for a few more years, I can retire again.

so, I guess if I can find something local, I will but, if not I can just keep doing what I am doing.

Kat please keep us posted! I am thinking of you getting that job, good vibes going your way!

Mel

Back