• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another refugee...

How do you count member numbers?

OK I am just not getting it. :sur If I go to members and click on Date Registered it lines us up in the order that we registered. ZFORCE is on page 2 eight members down making him #58??? Or are we counting in binary? :amaz fd

Re: How do you count member numbers?

"FordDude" said:
OK I am just not getting it. :sur If I go to members and click on Date Registered it lines us up in the order that we registered. ZFORCE is on page 2 eight members down making him #58??? Or are we counting in binary? :amaz fd

He is number 58 on the list, before the clean up of inactive accounts he was number 111 to sign up on the page, so his profile is stamped with that user number. If you hold your cursor over your user name it will display a URL (it may be at the bottom of the page) at the end of the URL there is a number, that is your member number as far as the site sees you. You are number 201.

You are just sorting the list by date.
It does not bring back any info on deleted members because those rows are empty in the database.

Here's how it works:
Member signs up. He is given the next available ID number in the database. The database uses this ID to track everything about this member. The beauty of it is that if any of his info changes ie. email address etc, it only affects his row.

The database member ID field is set to be unique for each member. It also is set to auto increment, meaning it advances to the next number when a new member joins.

Once a number is used, it's done forever. Imagine the mess a database would be if every time something was deleted all the rows had to shift accordingly.

Liken it to moving to a new house that is identical to the one you are in. It would be like dragging up all your stuff, including things you don't use and can't even see and moving two doors down. Only to find out that the last occupant left some of his unseen stuff behind. That invisible stuff left behind causes you to trip and fall down the stairs.

It would have been a lot less painful to just stay at the first place.

New drinking game....Sluggo takes a shot and then explains it all again...then another shot and explanation...another shot..... :ecit

How to count member numbers

"Fast68back" said:
If you hold your cursor over your user name it will display a URL (it may be at the bottom of the page) at the end of the URL there is a number, that is your member number as far as the site sees you. You are number 201.

:ide I see now said the blind man as he pissed into the wind, it all comes back to me now. :lol fd

I added some more photos to my gallery - mostly the front suspension and brakes. I'm not sure why they aren't showing up in "Recent Gallery Images"...

Well now I have found the hidding place for those lost in space. :vic

Now I will have to work on pic's for the avatar. :)

Your gallery is in the old gallery. (the one furthest to the right)

We are in the process of moving everything to the new one. Let me know if you intend to expand it anytime soon, it may complicate moving.

PJ, I had the same problem with the gallery not realizing that there was a new one. Glad to hear that our pics will be transfered from the old to new?

Glad to see you here too. Every-time I am in Gilmer, I think it would be nice to see some of the E-Tex stangers. I was just there last Saturday.

Back