• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another shitty TV car show.....

Car Warriors........ :shee

Premiered last night..... an hour of my life I'll never get back

May as well built them with :gs

Really, they stood and stared at the car for 7 hours and then decided to cut down the air filter to get the motor to fit. Guess I can take this show off the DVR schedule.

Yep pretty shitty. Saw it this AM. the two mustangs they did need saving!

The tv people are just looking for drama!

Mel

Its a classic...one chic on the show cutting rubber hoses with a hack saw, one of the "all-stars" saying the SBF was to big to fit....

The lead on the all-star team was a dick (intentional?) and the interior on the challenger's team had a really horrible color scheme. I was dissapointed they did not really go around and show the completed cars (interior/engine/underside/body) like "Overhaulin" or even "Pimp my Ride." The all-star car had some trick gasser suspension setup but you never really got to see it.

Of course there were clearance issues for the challenger car: 2 1/2 - 3" air cleaner on top of a flat air cleaner base on top of a dual-quad high-rise, in a '66?

I like in the beginning when the woman mechanic says "we'll be doing alot of hacking to get it apart". Problem is, they never stopped hacking. They had an hour show to restmod 2 complete cars from beginning to end. They waste over 5 mins explaining how bad the show will be, 20 mins in commercials, 20 mins of drama without a car even on screen, so that leaves about 15 mins(and thats being generous) of actual car work. 15 mins to restomod 2 cars start to finish!

The deadline drama shows are done to death. Please make them go away! When can they air a show that has to do with building a car without a deadline and without drama?

It's kinda like how the same ole politicians keep getting elected.

Stop watching them and they'll go away.

Yeah.....right.

Does anybody here recognize a member of the "all-stars" as someone who has done anything of note? Who was the head DB?

I did not have the misfotune of witnessing it. Sounds exactly like I anticipated.

Powerblock on Spike is getting old too. Seems to be more about pimping product than building cars.

Yup..Powerblock is just one long infomercial now. All those "time crunch" build drama shows are total rubbish. It's about the bullshit, not the build. Go ahead and count all those logging, pawn shop, repo, trucking, etc shows in the bullshit category as well.

Just saw it....wish I didn't. Holy crap what a clusterfuck of a show. I don't see it going past one season...if that.
Bunch of damn drama queens with tools.

Hell, even one of the judges was Mike from "Let's throw some rims, gaudy paint, and 36 tvs in this chevy cavalier, and it'll be the shit!" aka Pimp My Ride. What a joke.

"garner67" said:
The only good car show I still watch is Pass Time.

With Pass Time, I get tired of seeing the staff person (Kevin?) win more often than anyone else. He builds chassis, IIRC, and has too much knowledge to be considered and equal player.

I caught one on Nat Geo called Car Czar that was pretty decent. The restored an old 50s Buick that was customized in the 60s. They talked about the history of the car and seemed to focus on the car.

Not a huge amount of technical stuff, but not a lot of drama either.

Back