• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ansel is officially in Canine College!

A

Anonymous

Made it back from the long weekend taking Ansel back to Delaware, Ohio for his advanced training. I'll admit, it's a sad time at the Sellers' house, but we're also excited to get updates on how our little "man" will be progressing.

We had a great support system with the other Kansas City chapter members there with us. It was fun, learned some new things for the next puppy and it was definitely very hard to put Ansel in his new home (kennel), remove his collar and leader and say goodbye. It is very possible that we may only see him one more time if he graduates.

Here's a couple of pictures after the turn in ceremony and right before we had to drop him off at the kennel.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

and here's a link to all the pictures of the trip: http://tinyurl.com/3rq5p2l

The current plan is to get the next puppy sometime in April 2012.....we need a break!

Last edited by a moderator:
"KBMWRS" said:
What happened to the black one you just picked up?

We still have Lassiter; the black Lab. We may be returning him to his original puppy raiser later this week or weekend.

Am I the only one that noticed the pup's ears are smaller than Mark's? (sorry, couldn't resist)

The work you guys are doing Mark is really great. To be honest, I couldn't do it...I'd get way to attached to the pup and not want to give him up.

It's hard enough dropping the kid(s) off at college... I can't imagine the dog leaving me too - THAT would be tough! :sad

Good work you've done there - he'll do well (as long as he avoid the parties and bitches)... :beer :thu

I don't know how you do it. It takes a special person to do what you are doing and I know I could never do it. My hats off to you my friend. Like many others here I have followed this form for the past year or so and enjoyed all the pictures and updates on Ansel. I will miss that. As I wipe a tear from my eye our Maggie has her head on my leg so that usually means she is ready to eat. Keep up the great work!

Attachments

• dennis and his convertible.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0036.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
"oateater" said:
I don't know how you do it. It takes a special person to do what you are doing
+2

and I think we all know what is meant we we say "special" when talking about Mark.

"lethal289" said:
+1. Mark you deserve to get an "atta boy" for this one.

Damn old man. The "track day" was in reference to a "break"...as in breaking an engine. Ahhh, nevermind.

"blue65coupe" said:
Damn old man. The "track day" was in reference to a "break"...as in breaking an engine. Ahhh, nevermind.

Nothing's worse than a joke that falls flat :yah

"oateater" said:
I don't know how you do it. It takes a special person to do what you are doing and I know I could never do it. My hats off to you my friend. Like many others here I have followed this form for the past year or so and enjoyed all the pictures and updates on Ansel. I will miss that. As I wipe a tear from my eye our Maggie has her head on my leg so that usually means she is ready to eat. Keep up the great work!

Great picture of Maggie!

One last shameless plug for Canine Companions. We set up a page for anyone wishing to donate to CCI and help with the great work that they do.

A couple places to donate, from $5.00 to infinity: http://anselcci.blogspot.com/

The money that CCI receives is only from donations. They receive zero dollars from the County, State or Federal Government. They solely rely on goodness of the American people! Deb and I really appreciate everyone that has taken the time to stop in at the blog or listen to my miscellaneous ramblings here.

Thanks to all for the kind words...even the wise cracks :wor

Back