• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

antique car insurance

Teebone

moving from Connecticut to North carolina, my present insurer (JC Taylor) can not cover me in North Carolina, I have contacted Grundy and got a very good rate for full coverage and full replacement value. Anyone have anything positive or negative to say about them? I would appreciate any comments.

Mr. Bone,
I use Hagerty for my 3 toys. Very happy with them. No experience with Grundy.

I did some research on this back in July and selected Haggerty. No claims, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I have used Hagerty, then Grundy and now Chrome (ANPAC). I left Hagerty after I told them my car was modified and the rates doubled. I then went to Grundy. At my 2nd year renewal of Grundy I started asking questions about how I could use my car. They told me that I could not take it on errands or drive it to work. I needed to use it for joy rides, car events or to have it serviced. If I drove it to the mall it was not covered. I want to be able to use my car so this policy was not going to work.

ANPAC or also known as CHROME is a very flexible policy. I can drive the car when I want and where I want without restrictions. I am limited to 10,000 miles per year which I will never reach around here. I don't even drive my DD that much. The cost was competitive to what I was paying at Grundy. I pay about $600 per year to have my car insured for $88k.

I did have to get an appraisal of value from the guy that painted my car. He did not charge me but I also got an appraisal from a certified car appraisal that was about the same amount. I paid the appraiser $125 but it gives me great piece of mind to have two peoples opinion on the value of the car if I ever have a problem.

http://www.anpac.com/products/p_c/chrome/default.aspx

I've had Grundy since 2003, no claims filed so I don't know what it's like on that end. Nothing bad to say about them and IIRC, when I priced out all of them, Grundy was the cheapest by a good amount.

"68EFIvert" said:
I have used Hagerty, then Grundy and now Chrome (ANPAC). I left Hagerty after I told them my car was modified and the rates doubled. I then went to Grundy. At my 2nd year renewal of Grundy I started asking questions about how I could use my car. They told me that I could not take it on errands or drive it to work. I needed to use it for joy rides, car events or to have it serviced. If I drove it to the mall it was not covered. I want to be able to use my car so this policy was not going to work.

ANPAC or also known as CHROME is a very flexible policy. I can drive the car when I want and where I want without restrictions. I am limited to 10,000 miles per year which I will never reach around here. I don't even drive my DD that much. The cost was competitive to what I was paying at Grundy. I pay about $600 per year to have my car insured for $88k.

I did have to get an appraisal of value from the guy that painted my car. He did not charge me but I also got an appraisal from a certified car appraisal that was about the same amount. I paid the appraiser $125 but it gives me great piece of mind to have two peoples opinion on the value of the car if I ever have a problem.

http://www.anpac.com/products/p_c/chrome/default.aspx

+1

Back