• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

any appliance repairmen here???

SELLERSRODSHOP

had a really strange situation here tonight. about two hours after using the oven, i noticed that it still felt warm. checked & made sure it had been turned off which it was. opened it up & the lower element had a spot about an inch long that was still cherry red. figured the element is going out, but curious if there is anything else that might need checking as any elements i've had go out in the past just went out & quit working, so this "hot spot" has me leary.... yes, i unplugged it for the night.

You've got more than an element issue if one is still heating (which it would have to be if it was glowing red...even in just one area) when the control is switched off. Not knowing what kind/age of unit you have all I can tell you is that some form of relay is not opening up and is still feeding power to the element. Break out the schematic and multimeter and figure it out. Rather simple circuit involved.

appliances are rebelling, my wife complained the washer was making a weird noise and not spinning, I found the coupling was broke. I fixed that and she said the ice maker is not working, seams like the valve is bad cuz the water dispenser is working but no water going into the ice maker. I changed the filter but still no ice. Anyway, both of those on Saturday!

Back