• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

any ideas on where to find...

SELLERSRODSHOP

some of these milk crates? i just finished building these shelves from scratch out of 1" tubing & a bunch of those steel diamondplate cutoffs i get free (can't beat the price). i wanted something only 12" deep to avoid any clearance issues using the overhead door & after they were finished, i found out that the old milk crates i had were a perfect fit. just curious if anyone had any ides on where i could find a few more...

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

I'll kick around Gallatin and see if any of the family grocery stores still use them and get rid of any.
I think I'll stay away from that end of the shop, I can see myself leaving half my scalp on one of those corners...
Just saw this, maybe you can get a bulk price out of him better than $5/crate?
http://nashville.craigslist.org/for/2727852278.html

Jon

yeah, got some rubber caps to put on the corners before i take a chunk out! figured i would already have done it once or twice building them but only thing i did was burn a hole in my shirt... funny thing, i did a cl search earlier & that ad didn't pull up. :confu

Good looking shelves. As said before, hit the milk man's truck when he's not looking or throw him a twenty for some slightly damaged ones.

how about photographic paper boxes (Xerox paper boxes)? I build a large shelving system in my garage designed around those 8-1/2 X 11 paper boxes and it works out great. If I ever need to replace one, I just pick one up at work!

I have 2 of the old steel ones like that. I use them to stand on put stuff on.They are great! I even caught a opossum in one many years ago. My uncle was a milkman when he retired from the Navy. When my dad and I ( about 12 years old) would go to visit (and bass fish on Lake Eufaula), I would ride along with him on his early route and he would tell me to drink all the chocolate milk I wanted. Of course I got sick later that am from drinking too much :puk He laughed of course.

Back