• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any you guys know what this gauge is for?

A

Anonymous

Found this in an old Army foot locker along with some vacuum tubes. It's a Stewart Warner made gauge that indicates feet per minute and is stamped May 1929. I have searched Google for hours and nothing came up. Any help appreciated.

You have a 1929 stewart warner feet per second gauge-Wow- not a clue here. It sounds like avionics but that would be a little early I imagine.

I would have to guess it's an early aircraft vertical speed indicator. It informs the pilot of his rate of climb or descent.

I have looked at hundreds of aircraft gauges and it seems the one thing they have in common is their mounting flange is at the top of the gauge and use 4 screws. This one has two tabs at the bottom and appears it would mount on the surface. It has no socket for a light either. It bugs the crap out of me not knowing what this gauge is used for. :rant

"Ponyman66" said:
I would have to guess it's an early aircraft vertical speed indicator. It informs the pilot of his rate of climb or descent.
So my wild a$$ guess might not be off the mark too far--you need to ask the Clark county museum guy on pawn stars, he knows everything-lol

Back