• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anybody else noticed Firefox eating up cpu usage?

Fst Blk

I'll admit, I'm a firefox fanboy. But, as of late I've noticed long periods of 100% CPU usage when using firefox. Anybody else noticed this? I'm gonna try Chrome to see how it does for a while. I'm concerned because I've monitored my task manager and can't find anything else eating up cpu cycles. I may have a virus that's masking, so I thought I'd ask here first.

Bill

There should not be much going on unless you're on a page that is constantly changing. If you have a virus that is using your browser I'd think that it would use any of them.

Trying chrome certainly won't hurt.

I have. It was Add-on. Shut them all down and it returned to normal. Do not know which one was the CPU hog

"jims6t6" said:
I have. It was Add-on. Shut them all down and it returned to normal. Do not know which one was the CPU hog
+1

I have noticed it may times when I am on the ebay site.

Tried Chrome for a little bit last night and monitored. I never have any drastic CPU spikes, so I'm not sure yet. I'll stream the UFC card tonight with Chrome and I'll see how it does.

Bill

"manley" said:
+3 for checking your addons.

I'll disable all of them tonight and see how it does. It has gotten so bad as of late that watching a youtube video is impossible.

Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
I'll disable all of them tonight and see how it does. It has gotten so bad as of late that watching a youtube video is impossible.

Bill

My laptop does that too and I use Firefox. If I click on a page where there is a video, it just sits and sits running the cpu like you said, until said video finally gets loaded. It didn't used to do that, only in the last year or so and I am wondering if it is Firefox doing this? It's almost like it is downloading the entire video onto my hard drive.

Back