• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anybody Else Watching the Space Jump?

Have it in its own tab! This should be a very cool feat.

They had some Kansas winds blowing that balloon around.

Bah on the high wind conditions. He basically chickened out. What a wuss.

"Midlife" said:
Bah on the high wind conditions. He basically chickened out. What a wuss.

It said in the paper here that if he starts spinning over 180rpm the blood pressure will "Liquidise" his brain.
So he goes up a spaceman and comes back a politician!

I could do the same thing after the heart attack looking down and I fell off that platform...

I just read a report that he hit 833.9 MPH or Mach 1 in that 4 1/2 mins. Please excuse me, I need to go change my shorts.

That was AWESOME! I had intended to go out and work on the car. It was like a train wreck though...I couldn't tear myself away. I sat through the entire 2+ hours, including the brief updates prior to inflation. I had butterfly's just watching him step out on to the platform. I just gotta wonder though, did he deploy the chute early because of his shield fogging, or so the old man could at least have one record intact?

did he actually deploy the chute early? I was under the impression that he was was falling so much faster then the previous attempt that he ran out of time.

I believe the chute deployed about a minute earlier than they had planned for. He did mention that because of the tumbling that he was doing, it caused pressure in his head so maybe he deployed it early. I was under the impression that the chute deployed automatically.

The chutes were set to deploy if he went into a death spin or the altitude was too low. He opened the chute on his own. Could be he was a little "foggy" from the tumbling and thought he was lower than he actually was, since his visor had fogged over.

OR

He wanted Joe to keep that one record! I bet we never really find out that answer. Either way, that was awesome to watch and Felix must have balls the size of watermelons!

Back