• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

anybody ever see one of these??

SELLERSRODSHOP

found one of these old triumphs for sale locally with only 24,000 orig miles on it. needs a full resto due to setting for 35 yrs(stored since 70) but runs like a sewing machine & the body is 100% rust free. seems there weren't many of this model imported, so info is kinda scarce. just curious if anyone had one or has any info.

1965-triumph-01309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
found one of these old triumphs for sale locally with only 24,000 orig miles on it. needs a full resto due to setting for 35 yrs(stored since 70) but runs like a sewing machine & the body is 100% rust free. seems there weren't many of this model imported, so info is kinda scarce. just curious if anyone had one or has any info.

1965-triumph-01309.jpg

[/quo

Was called a Triumph Herald, Google it, I found lots of info

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a couple recently, only because there was a MASSIVE Triumph meet here in SLO a while back. People came from all the way across the country (and from Canadia, as well) for the meet. For about a week, you couldn't drive anywhere without seeing at least two Triumphs on the road.

Anyway, I actually saw a couple autocrossing on the old airfield behind the junior college.

I have not seen one of those but while attending a car show yesterday, saw a 1972 Triumph Stag, a 1947 Triumph 1800 roadster, and spoke to a bloke who had a Sunbeam IMP.....

Saw one on the road yesterday, going the opposite direction. Had Fl. plates .....

That looks like an early '60s Herald 948 with that body-coloured front bumper. Not much to them, and very small. IIRC, they had about 38 or 39 hp. Seems to me there was some problem with handling on them, but criminy, they were so slow, how could you get into trouble???
:craz
I've always thought they were kind of cool, though.

i decided to pass on the herald. just didn't care for the way the body was shaped after looking at it in person. i'm now on the search for one of the tr-4 bodies. i have a friend who owns a 65 model that he purchased from the original owner in 67 & has kept it all these years (i'll be doing a resto on the car soon) next trip over to visit i'll be taking some measurements off of his car for a possible v-8 swap if i find one for myself. i figure if sunbeam can put a v-8 in the alpine, i can figure out something on a tr-4. tube chassis, narrowed 8.8 rear, must II front.....

if anyone knows where one of these can be found on the cheap, let me know :vic

triumph_tr4.jpg

tr-4II.jpg

Back