• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anybody here current on H O Slot cars

Bite Me

So I'm thinking of getting back into a childhood hobby of mine with my kids and just looking for some input. As a kid I must of had
100 H O Slot cars and had really nice 4 lane set up my father built was 4 lanes and miniatures of Lemans with all the scenery and buildings etc. Anyway that was way way back in fact I started with Atlas cars which predated Aurora which at that time was industry standard.

So I'm thinking it might be fun to spend time with my boys doing same sort of thing but certainly not on level my father did as my skill set is not so inclined to be that handy at that kind of thing. So is anyone out there current on brands do and don'ts on track, cars etc. I've done a bit of research on internet and there's not alto of different brands out there.

I suspect I will start just purchasing a set and start adding to it, if you can send me to any sites of just share some of your knowledge I would appreciate it.

What do your kids think of the idea? You might see if there are any local track setup thru a local hobby shop or similar business. You could see what runs good and go from there.

I did the same with my kids.....years ago. We ended up with a huge setup and had a blast with them.

As far as things now, I have no idea.

I too started toying with the idea of building a track to race on with my sons. The hobby today is not HO scale but larger (1/32nd scale) cars. A quick Google search will blow you away with what is available in this hobby field. I say go for it.

cool Mark. Do it! I remember the smell of burnt rubber and the motor oil in our room growing up. My mother never entered once we had the track set up. At one point, it rose to the top bunk of our bunk bed (from the floor).

We never had a permanent track per se, which allowed us to reconfigure and tear down as the moods shifted....

"Fast68back" said:
Wasnt Mark (SilverblueBP) selling a bunch of this stuff recently?

Yep, nobody wanted it though. I still have a case full of diff HO slot cars and parts.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
cool Mark. Do it! I remember the smell of burnt rubber and the motor oil in our room growing up.
I remember that smell too! I used to have a bunch of Tyco and AFX HO scale slot cars. I still have some of it in a tote somewhere. I think it's a great idea!!!

"silverblueBP" said:
Yep, nobody wanted it though. I still have a case full of diff HO slot cars and parts.

So send them out to me to get started :yah I trade you a pair of size 12 blue racing shoes, some fireproff gloves and a neck brace and we can call it even.

"Bite Me" said:
So send them out to me to get started :yah I trade you a pair of size 12 blue racing shoes, some fireproff gloves and a neck brace and we can call it even.

Throw in some earmuffs and you might have a deal.

Send me a set of Nitto NT-01's, 225/45-15 and you've got a deal Mark!

"silverblueBP" said:
Send me a set of Nitto NT-01's, 225/45-15 and you've got a deal Mark!

Just how many cars do you have??????? I paid a bunch for these fancy ass Blue Italian racing shoes and the other stuff matches.
I don't have ear muff's but I have my old ear plugs but figured that was too much sharing a Mankini or something :puk

"Fast68back" said:
Whats my finders fee, set of valve stems?

Double the profits you make off your administrative position at Stangfix or a Beer down the road your choice :bowdown

HO slut cars? Heck yeah!

Mark, first we need to make room in the barn for the track. Once we get all that Mustang crap outta there then we'll build the track.

Well my new old hobby has officially started. I picked up 3 complete sets of some of the latest slot car stuff and got an incredible deal as well. I now own enough stuff to have serious 4 lane set up and also scored the new John Force
drag strip set up as well.

Found a guy who is sort of in the business and we traded some nice bottles of Wine and Spirits for everything I really came out on this deal seeing as I paid nothing for my items I traded and received over 500 of brand new stuff including some of latest greatest cars etc.

Let the Journey begin :yah

Hope you got a PT Cruiser in the mix........gives you a target to pass....and show how it is done.

Sounds like a good deal for sure plus tons of fun. Remember, this is for the kids.

Back