• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

anybody skilled in atv mechanics?

blue65coupe

Need to know if anybody has good atv mechanical experience. I have a Grizzly 660 and was on Hatfield McCoy this wknd. Sat. am the battery acted dead, possibly solenoid...done it before. Cranked it, ran if for a couple hours then on a restart the dash wouldn't even come on with key. OK batt really dead. Not much longer it developed a severe...SEVERE miss and would only allow me to run about 20 mph. Thank goodness for that though as I was able to limp it back to camp. Once it hit a certain point it acted like a) fouled plug, b) trash in carb. There was a time or two where it acted like it wanted to take off which is leading me to carb jet plugged. Unfortunately the thing burns a little oil so I probably have a ring job in near future. Wondering if the possible solenoid/battery issue might have something to do with it also. Read all the carb/cdi/limiter stuff but if not gonna be a quick troubleshoot I am gonna have to take it in. I just don't have the time and I am heading back up in a few more weeks. Might have to take the other but was wanting to get this one going. If you have worked on these things and can provide a quick insight lmk. Also heard rev limiter but I have it bypassed already.

On a side note, blistering through these trails at the speeds we were going was a rush...big time. It was about 13 of is half on quads and half on bikes. Not sure how we escaped injury.

I'm not familar with the Grizzly 660 but it might be possible that it is having a charging issue. If the battery was low already from previous use and then weak you would be running almost only off the charging system and if that is not up to par then the ignition my have been effected causing a weak spark, fouled plug etc.
just a guess

Back