• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone Ever Build a Zinger Model...?

Sacbill

Hard Swinger
...or maybe even still have one? For all the car models I built as a kid, I'm surprised I never built one of these.

7144892055_f0718c47aa.jpg

Damnnn I remember those. I think I might have the Bug version....since I had a yellow bug.

Didn't have any of the Zingers,but did have the Paddy Wagon,Beer Wagon and Skool Bus.Turned a couple of em into slot cars.

No, but I did build this from a W.E. gift!

778453203_photobucket_34141_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"KTJMcG" said:
Didn't have any of the Zingers,but did have the Paddy Wagon,Beer Wagon and Skool Bus.Turned a couple of em into slot cars.
I still have the S'cool Bus...
I am thinking of starting a slot car track for my boys, they are really getting into building models and especially scratch building models.
Any pics of your slot cars?

Haven't built in many years. A couple of years ago a mom and pop hobby store moved into the neighborhood from another part of town. He put in a 1/32 4 lane carrea track. Of course I stopped in and picked up a couple. In fact I just got the tool box down out of the garage rafters last week. I'll snap a couple of pics tommorow. The guy is getting rid of the plastic track and is routing a wood track. I didn't get into it like I did when I was a kid,but did have some fun playing around with them.

We used to race RC 1/10th scale up in Chicago area. They don't have any places here in KY. We all still have the urge to play and thought a slot car track would be cool. In Bowling Green (half hour away) is a hobby shop that opened about a year ago. They are the first besides RC planes. So we now have a local source for stuff. I've sold or traded a lot of the RC stuff. I think we might buy a Carrea track and put in the great room in the basement. My boys are into 1/25 & 1/24th scale model cars so I would like to go big and still be able to race the smaller stuff too.
Before I got into RC's I had an HO slot track and lots of stuff and I used to go to a local hobby store and race 1/25th. I still have an old Parma 1/24th scale slot car.
index.php

Attachments

• slot car.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 49
Heres some pics and a couple of short videos of them on a test strip hooked up to a battery charger
These are specialty chassis called TSRF in 1/32 and 1/24. These actually flex down the center on a banked track due to a soft plastic motor mount that acts like a suspension.40,000 rpm motor. I was running the 1/24 without magnets. More fun.
tsrf.jpg

1/24 Jaguar chassis with Parma Death Star motor. I forgot what the RPM rating is on this one,But it does have a balanced armature and adjustable brushes that can be replaced when wore out.
parmads1.jpg

parmads2.jpg

jag2.jpg

Scalextric 1/32 69 Mustang based on the TransAms cars. This was a body in white but you could get them in the Parnelli Jones versions in 69 and 70. I poped a 35,000 rpm motor in it with a 10 tooth pinion and 26 tooth spur gear. Moves on the straights but doesn't corner well(Reason why the front bumper is gone)
scalmust.jpg

Fly Panoz. This is one of the fastest out of the box cars you can buy. All you have to do is a tire change depending on the type of track your racing on.
pan1.jpg

Off brand McLaren. Forgot who makes it but we had gotten a deal on them so I brought one.
mcl1.jpg

Group shot. The F1 car are a blast to play with. They go without to many mods. I broke the wing off the back 2 minutes after putting it on the track the first time. Nascar body was found at Big Lots and glued to the 1/32 TSRF chassis.
grp1.jpg

And yes,This is the Batmobile. I'm going to narrow the Jaguar chassis for this one. Brought this more than a few years ago and never got around to doing anything with it till now.
bm2.jpg

bm1.jpg

Home vacuum forming attempt. A friend dropped this off a couple of weeks ago for me to mess around with. He races 1/25 rc cars and they want to make their own bodies. Have a few thing that needs to be done to it before testing but will give it a shot.
vacuum.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6rTJrSYr0Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7fPUfIVP9Q

Back