• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone ever weigh a 65-66 vert??

I've searched a few places on the Internet, but they're just base numbers that Ford gave, not specifying a v-8 or otherwise.

I'm looking for the weight of a v-8 equipped 65 convertible.

Thanks in advance,

-Shannon

I had the same problem finding the exact weight when i was shipping my car around. The four times I had the car shipped I just rounded up to 3000 lbs. I usually had stuff in the trunk and the shippers never said anything about the car being heavier then what I said.

If you know of any local road track racers, check to see if they have scales. That way you can see how the weight is distributed too.

Most truck stops have scales or there is probably a public scale nearby. We charge $6 to weigh a car, truck, trailer, etc. bring it out to Cali and I will weigh it for free!!

on the first of the month we have a free garbage day at the land fill. They weigh you going in and then going out. I went one day in my Mustang just to get weighed. They all got a kick out of seeing it. Anyway, it was free. It weighed more than I thought it would. 67 Coupe with C6, 429 and 9" rear with me and 1/2 tank of gas was 3,400 lbs. IIRC

Back