• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone have Procar Rally seats in their car?

Mustangs unlimited has the best price I've found, but I'm confused. The ad shows the seat tracks, but at the bottom it lists the seat adapters, which if I'm right are another $140 on top of the price of the seats. Do I need the adapters?

PC11-B.jpg

PC42-B.jpg

Hold on a sec..... Shouldn't this thread be in Mod&Custom?

First off, yes you need the adapters. Their tracks mount to the seats and to the adapters. If you look closely, their seat tracks are similar to original ones, but not the same. They won't work w/o the adapters. The adapters bolt the tracks to the floor using the original holes.

I have to caution you about the ProCar Rally's..... we installed their leather ones in my sons FB. They look GREAT! Do you want pictures? I've got a few. Once you get into the seat, you'll love them. To say that they hug you is an understatement. It's like sitting in a child safety seat. You are firmly planted in the seat. The downside to this is that Mommy isn't lifting you in and out of the seat. Getting your butt cheek/thighs around those side bolsters is a PITA, getting out you almost need a shoe-horn or some kind of railing/bar like you'd see in a handicap restroom. Lastly, if you're anywhere close to 6' tall, move the seat risers rearward and lower them down.... way down. Tilt wheel is nice to have also.

If you're committed to buying these seats, call Ron at ProCar and see if he can work a better deal for you. I did. He had some stock piling up on him and needed to get rid of it. As an example, I think I paid $90 for the adapters.

Seats are interior also.... Here is the thing, I have a great lookin set of recovered Fiero seats, they even look good sitting in the car, with no seat tracks. Once I mounted them on the Mustang tracks they were too high for my taste. I ordered two other sets of tracks from summit thinking I could find something that may be lower, no good. I've since sat in two cars with the Rally seat and I like the fit and feel, so I guess its either Procar Rally's or get the TMI "sport" seat kit for my original seats. I probably shoulda lowered the pans......

541371_395_full.jpg

541371_394_full.jpg

I have them in my car and agree with Dave S. they look and feel great, but do make it harder to get in/out of the car. I have a 14" Lecarra steering wheel with Ididit tilt column that helps some. There are three height settings on the adpators, I have mine set to the middle setting and have the same headroom as my stock seats. I got mine is a trade for my "pony" seats and $300.00.

Huh? The seat I have are not the Procar seats and not using Procar seat tracks, the Mustang tracks push the seat up a couple inches, raising them higher than I prefer, thats why I was thinking of changing to the procars. I'm afraid if I try and adapt procar rails to the Fiero seats, I'll be in the same boat, the seat higher than I would like.

"pnandy" said:
why don't you set it ot the lowest setting ~id

It's damn near impossible to get it down to the bottom notch with the carpet installed.

Okay, I think I understand your dilemma now....

The seat tracks and adapter frames aren't going to help you. The tracks can physically mount only so low. When bolted in, the tracks will be flush with the top of the riser/carpet.... whether they're the original tracks or the ones that the Rally seats use, the height of the tracks will be the same.

Why can't you lower your risers? All you need to do is remove the carpeting and bag off the rest of the interior from any welding/grinding on the risers. Another minor set-back is if you've painted the underside of the car.... welding the lowered risers back in will burn through any "pretty work" on the underside.... ask me how I know....

Pretty underside and $$$ sound deadner....... The two cars I sat in with procars, I like the seats and they were not terribly high, had leg room under the wheel etc. With the seats I have they would be fine, if I could mount them without seat tracks. lowering the pans really isnt an optin right now......sooooooo new seats, I just want to make sure I order everything I need, I wasn't really expecting to need adapters on top of the procar seats and seat tracks....the price just keeps goin up.......

I wasnt really expecting to need adapters on top of the procar seats and seat tracks....the price just keeps goin up.......

I'm right at 6' 235 pounds (not a fat butt, just a fat gut!.... mostly Pizza and Beer).  I can get comfortable once I'm sitting behind the wheel by having the seat slid back and tilted back just a little bit.... but definitely no cowboy hat or baseball cap.  While wriggling around in the seat fishing my wallet out at an ATM, I can feel the hairs on my head brushing against the headliner.  If you need me to take any measurements or anything, let me know.

Here are some pictures of the Rally seats installed in my sons' '68FB....

007-9.jpg

0012.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dave, I think I'm ok, now that I know I need both the seat tracks and the adapters. It just seemed real screwy, most seats are just seats and tracks unless your building a race car.

One thing that I did that made install of my Procar seats much easier is to weld the bolts that mount it to the floor to the frame before installing them. It will allow you to put them at the lowest setting and don't have to have an extra set of hands to put your seats in. ;)

Man, you guys make me want cool seats, but I'm too poor:( I'll just have to make do with sliding around on my stock "buckets"...

I like my stock seats but I do wish they were a bit firmer. I may have to have them bolstered in the future. I have the deluxe seats though.

Does TMI make a sport seat kit for that year? Its another option I'm looking at.

0706_mump_03_z+mustang_restomod_interior+sport_seat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your final out come of this? I just priced out new foam and seat covers for my 1967 Vert - and It's almost the same price as the procars.
I have procars in two other trucks, and have loved them.

"mmw68" said:
What was your final out come of this? I just priced out new foam and seat covers for my 1967 Vert - and It's almost the same price as the procars.
I have procars in two other trucks, and have loved them.

I did the TMI sport foam, covers and headrests for '68. I like the added bolsters in the sport foam. Helps a lot.

Attachments

• DSC00068.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00262.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00263.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 10
Hummm, after Seeing your final set up, I might just follow your lead. I had my hart set on the procars, but those look great with out all the hight/seat pan issues. Thanks - Mark

Back