• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone have regrets selling thier mustangs in the past

Yes. The regret is that I should have held out for a higher sale price.

In every case.... ten(?), I've always made money from what I paid/had into the car, but it sometimes bothers me later (regret) that I let the car go so cheaply.

For instance the last car I sold was a little '66 Coupe I'd picked up real cheap ($1k). I piddled around with it in the shop for a year or so when one day some guy shows up and wants to buy it. I doubled my money on the deal and thought I was happy ($4300). Six months later I noticed the car in a parking lot with a for sale sign on the window and an incredibly high price on it ($12k)! He eventually sold the car for $9k and I see it every month at a local cruise in.

Oh HELL yes, I sold my first car, to help pay for a wedding, I'd had the car ten years, the marriage lasted 7...........

On another note, speaking of storage unit finds. How does one get a title for a car found/purchased in a storage unit? Not when the owner sells, but when the contents get auctioned off due to nonpayment of storage fees.

'45 Ford pickup, '57 Chevy, Two '64 Mercury Comet Caliente's, one Vert, one 2 door hard top and probably my last two '66s Mustangs. Wish I had them all now but........

As far as getting a title, just check with you local DMV to start with. Each state has their own procedure. If that does not work, then places like Broadway title might help.

I haven't owned any real rare or collectable Stangs and like Dave I made out okay but I do wish I could have kept them all...
My first car, a 67 I had for 10 years and sold/traded to get money for my 1st house is probably the one I regret most. It was my 1st car afterall...
72_04_12_08_9_22_44_2.jpg

Not really. I have owned 4 Mustangs and still have 3 of them. The one I did sell was a 75 Mustang ll Mach 1.

"Fast68back" said:
Oh HELL yes, I sold my first car, to help pay for a wedding, I'd had the car ten years, the marriage lasted 7...........

On another note, speaking of storage unit finds. How does one get a title for a car found/purchased in a storage unit? Not when the owner sells, but when the contents get auctioned off due to nonpayment of storage fees.

I would expect that the owner of the storage units would need to go through a lien sale for non-payment of storage fees to be able to deliver title to the buyer. I suspect that each state probably does it a bit differently so check with your local DMV for the particulars...

"Fast68back" said:

The owner owned the unit had a collection of cars.

my first mustang was a 66 coupe - silver blue with blue/white pony interior. and i had exactly 3 problems with it - stuck thermostat, developed a leak in the gas tank - original carb needed rebuilt. other than that it always ran like a top and was a very solid TX car. i ended up getting a v8 conv when i sold it but i always really liked that car

I'm on my third Mustang, and haven't sold a one...I still have two. My first, a 65 GT coupe, was totaled in 1978 and was the best of the three. Do I regret losing it? You bet! I had dreams of that car about once a month from 1978 through 1998...more like nightmares! I'd wake up in a cold sweat, could think of nothing else for the next day, and finally decided enough is enough! I had the disposable income and went out and bought Midlife. Now my only nightmares are those of meeting Jeremy, trying to run away but stuck in place and can't move!

I have let 2 Mustangs go. I bought a 02 ho red Gt Premium for my bday in 02. Never saw rain. 3000 miles on the clock. Traded it in in June of 03 for daughter's college car. 04 Corolla. She needed to be in something reliable and a Toyota since I have contacts that can help get things done in the event there was a problem. Do I regret it? No. Do I miss it? You bet your ass I do.

The second was my 71 Mach1. Sold it to help finance college. Regret? Yep.

Will I be selling the 69 to finance anything? NO!

Here's the 71 at home not too long after painting it. Notice the shaved and painted rear bumper.
index.php

Here's the engine bay after some mega detailing.
index.php

69s have always been my favorite year. That 71 was too good of a deal to pass up and really changed my perspective on that body. I'd take another in a heartbeat.

"Sluggo" said:
I bought a 02 ho red Gt Premium for my bday in 02...The second was my 71 Mach1.... That 71 was too good of a deal to pass up and really changed my perspective on that body. I'd take another in a heartbeat.
they weren't Orange!?!?

Back