• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone making a 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder conversion.....

bwross

If there is anyone is converting a 67 stang from 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder I need a part that you're going to be getting rid of. I have a 67 that I'm keeping a 6 cylinder and there is a bracket on the firewall that a linkage the 1100 carburator connects to. I am willing to pay for the part and shipping. If you think you might have the part, or will be taking the part off a project please let me know.

TIA,

Bruce

DO YOU NEED THAT LITTLE BRACKET ? THAT IS MOUNTED TO THE FIREWALL .THAT BRACKET HOLDS A ROD THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE CARBURATOR SO WHEN YOU PUT THE CAR IN "DRIVE" ( AUTOMATIC) THIS ROD PUSHES TO THE CARBURATORLINKAGE AND GIVE A HIGHER STATIONAIR RPM ?

if you can wait a month when i get home i will post a picture and see if the 65-6 will swap in to a 67 since I am planning on doing a I6 to 8 swap

Hi,
To answer B67FSTB question, yes it sounds like you're explaining the bracket that I need. And to answer fordrule, I've waited this long a little longer isn't going to kill me; I appreciate your willingness to take a look.

best,
Bruce

Just got it, been busy but will send a pic or two over. My overzealous spam blocker threw you into the junk folder but I rescued it!

Back