• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone seen this

I talked to the painter last week and we discussed painting my old rocker moldings. What I'd like to do is leave the top edge unpainted. This would leave the top 1/2" or so would remain stainless

Ever seen anything like it? Thoughts?

Photchoppers, feel free to try it out.....

0003249.jpg

I think it would look good. Is there also a smaller ridge on the bottom. Could leave it too, just doing the lower center portion.

i think it would look neat, but different. If you don't like it, how hard would it be to strip it down and re polish. I dont think it would be that hard!

I think it would be real trick looking. I had thought of that too. Bullitt was painted and I thought it would have been cool to do like you suggest.

It's been done before. Whoever the guy was with the polo green 68 Coupe with black 18" FR500 wheels...he had partially painted moldings like that and it looks REALLY GOOD.

Doux it!

"Fast68back" said:
I talked to the painter last week and we discussed painting my old rocker moldings. What I'd like to do is leave the top edge unpainted. This would leave the top 1/2" or so would remain stainless

Ever seen anything like it? Thoughts?

Photchoppers, feel free to try it out.....

0003249.jpg

Stick one on the car and have your neighbor take a GOOD pic of it. :hide I'll chop it for you tomorrow at the J.

"gotstang" said:
It's been done before. Whoever the guy was with the polo green 68 Coupe with black 18" FR500 wheels...he had partially painted moldings like that and it looks REALLY GOOD.

Doux it!
[/quote

No, dat guy is not running any rocker moldings.

Back