• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone use a Branda hood on a E car

Dave Stahl

I am considering using a 67 Shelby style louvered hood on my E-car vert project. Has any one used one? Do they fit? I am using the MTF nose and Rich at MTF says that Branda's hood is the right length but doesn't know if they fit? :hmm

tarafied1

Can't say that I know for sure but I have seen E cars with the Shelby hood. I used the Shelby grille and it fit. I'm guessing that you could make it work, FG needs work to fit right anyway so it shouldn't be anything major.

Dave Stahl

Well, I went ahead and bought a fiberglass specialties hood from national parts depot and I am pretty satisfied, so far. I have set it on the car without the hinges and the conture hood to fender is good and the length is the same as my Shelby's hood so I think, I am in business. :hmm I like the Shelby hood with the louvers. I am using a FE engine so would maybe help to dissipate heat

100_4225_1

Why do my pictures not post...too big?

http://davesmustangs.radfiles.net/67-vert/100_4225_1

tarafied1

100_4225_1.jpg

I like that hood, I should have used one like that. Looks like your car was a pretty well optioned, rust free car to start with. I like the tail light panel things.
100_3940.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Stahl

Ah, thanks for the help, I'll try that next time.

Yes it was a pretty well optioned car, although they forgot to upgrade the engine. For a CA car it was probably ok at sea level. Here in Colorado the thing couldn't get out of it's own way, I almost had to slip the clutch just to get it up my driveway.

Best thing about it was it was almost rust free.