• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

April Fool's Joke?

BobV

Somebody needs to pull off something funny today......... :confu

Ideas? :part :hide

My 8 yr old decided that a good April fools joke would be to draw a green mustache on his 6 yr old brothers face while he was sleeping...

"danno66gt" said:
My 8 yr old decided that a good April fools joke would be to draw a green mustache on his 6 yr old brothers face while he was sleeping...
With permanent marker, I hope??? :yah

My 10 year old decided to hang a cup o" dry dog food over his sister's door this morning in hope that the dog would knock his sister over trying to eat the food.

The dog was happy, he got feed twice this morning.

Seems like a good time to tell the story, obviously I'm super pissed and ashamed at the same time.

I got my high flow t-stat 2 days ago and installed it. It had quit raining yesterday and the roads had dried to the point when there was no standing water (read, perfect dirt road traveling). Anyway, I decided to take advantage of it and take the car out for a drive to check the temp range. All was well on my short trip out. Turned around and headed home being satisfied of the cooling and t-stat. I noticed a vibration coming from the right front tire so I started slowing down and WHAM, the front right drops to the ground. I had a major brain fart in the garage and had only lightly tightened the front tires after bleeding the brakes. It crunched the front apron, fender and the suspension parts are all messed up. If it had come off another 100 yds down the road, I would have been going really slow on the gravel road and the damage may not have been so bad. The rancher that lives close by drive by, took me to the house so I could get my trailer. At least, now I know that my winch will pull the car into the trailer.

I'm just sick and pissed about the whole thing. I worked my tail off all winter scrapping together the money and rebuilding the engine only to do something so far STUPID that has ruined another track season. I know I've said it before, but really...this time I give up.

So there, now everyone knows.

Don't ask for pictures, cause I'm NOT gonna go out to the trailer....not yet.

Ouch....when it rains, it pours......sorry to hear of the problem. Take a deep breath.....get some pictures.....fix it and get to the track. Oh....and have a good hard drink.

"silverblueBP" said:
Seems like a good time to tell the story, obviously I'm super pissed and ashamed at the same time.

I got my high flow t-stat 2 days ago and installed it. It had quit raining yesterday and the roads had dried to the point when there was no standing water (read, perfect dirt road traveling). Anyway, I decided to take advantage of it and take the car out for a drive to check the temp range. All was well on my short trip out. Turned around and headed home being satisfied of the cooling and t-stat. I noticed a vibration coming from the right front tire so I started slowing down and WHAM, the front right drops to the ground. I had a major brain fart in the garage and had only lightly tightened the front tires after bleeding the brakes. It crunched the front apron, fender and the suspension parts are all messed up. If it had come off another 100 yds down the road, I would have been going really slow on the gravel road and the damage may not have been so bad. The rancher that lives close by drive by, took me to the house so I could get my trailer. At least, now I know that my winch will pull the car into the trailer.

I'm just sick and pissed about the whole thing. I worked my tail off all winter scrapping together the money and rebuilding the engine only to do something so far STUPID that has ruined another track season. I know I've said it before, but really...this time I give up.

So there, now everyone knows.

Don't ask for pictures, cause I'm NOT gonna go out to the trailer....not yet.

I'm calling bullshit!

"KBMWRS" said:
I thought maybe I'd sign-up on VMF again. :bowdown :nut
I'll give you a "welcome back" post... :pbj
I guess we could all go back over there for a day, and take up the ENTIRE board repeatedly welcoming each other back... ALL the FNGs over there won't know WTF is going on..... :part
Then disappear tomorrow... :thu

BS MEter is pegged. If this indeed did happen, why didn't you use your ear as a crutch?

"BobV" said:
I guess we could all go back over there for a day, and take up the ENTIRE board repeatedly welcoming each other back... ALL the FNGs over there won't know WTF is going on..... :part
ROFLMAO!!!!

"BobV" said:

Now that one made me laugh, thanks Bob!

Thanks for the support, it makes me feel a lot better.

Not

Back