• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Are you getting a H1N1 immunization?

No.

I welcome the flu with open arms. If I'm too weak to survive, let it take me. It's the natural order of life. Gabby has promised that she won't bring a date to my funeral and that's good enough for me.

NO!

NO H1N1 shot for me! My feelings are like Daves'!(nice pic Dave!)
However, my friends are panicking about the lack of vaccine! just another way for big pharma to make money; vaccine x how many people getting it= dollars! Pharma companies bring in trillions of bucks a year! losers!
dne'

Not here and glad I didn't. I read y'day where Farrakhan was in TN talking about how the vaccine was a coup to kill people. I guess we'll still be on SF!!!

I've read too many very concerning things about the shot to consider getting it if I needed it which I don't because already had it.

Besides...it's just the flu. I had it a couple of weeks ago and then had to take two weeks worth of anti-biotic to get over the pneumonia it gave me but still it's just the flu.

Some people act like the f-ing world is going to end because there is a flu going around.

I've got it & Bonnie got it. We got ours for free since she is a nurse. And both kids have got it too - since they are 4 and under, thus being more susceptible to it. But theirs was free too through the hospital daycare.

I say let all those germaphobes destroy their immune system! I'm not using your antibacterial soap and hand wipes, vaccines and all that crap. We will be a nation like the tribes in Africa wiped out by a common cold or something! :pf :skull :mod
I'd much rather die in a random drive-by shooting :2guns :guns beside nothing like a good flu bug to lose some weight :barf

Both my grandkids got theirs, 13 and 15. My wife and I have not done flu shots for so long...... Last one I got was military ordered when I was in tech school, 1969, and I was sick for 5 days. Never had another, never will. Never had the flu since then either.

"AzPete" said:
Both my grandkids got theirs, 13 and 15. My wife and I have not done flu shots for so long...... Last one I got was military ordered when I was in tech school, 1969, and I was sick for 5 days. Never had another, never will. Never had the flu since then either.

I hear you Pete, but it is recommended that the elderly get the shots.

:hide :run

No point in the wife and I getting it, we got over the flu weeks ago. I'm completely over it, she is on antibiotics. She still has a bad cough, and no cough for me. And I'm the one who inhales 2 packs of smokes a day.

"silverblueBP" said:
I hear you Pete, but it is recommended that the elderly get the shots.

:hide :run

I have the shot, now if I can just get you in my sites while you are making circles..........

One day while on travel, I got a sore throat, and it got worse during the day. Obviously, I was getting either a cold or the flu. I went to the bar, and got a nice buzz for 6+ hours. Next morning, the symptoms were gone.

The moral of the story: despite what anyone says, alcohol will kill any viruses if taken in sufficient quantities. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

There is some truth to that Mid....back in college one time I woke up one night with a soar throat. My room mate had a bottle of Bacardi so I took the top off and took a large swig. Soar throat went away right then and never returned.

I tried that with some peach brandy sitting in the cupboard one time. I didn't get sick but I think it stripped every bit of lining off my throat. Good stuff I tell ya.

At the onset of a cold/sore throat, Gabby will take a shot of Tequila followed by a tablespoon of Honey. I dunno, but she seems to think it works.

I think I see a pattern emerging here. If I get sick, I'll try the alcohol treatment....I think I have a bottle of scotch somewhere.

I got the regular flu shot and as usual was sick for two days after. There has to be some truth to the alcohol prescription thing, my great grandpa lived to be 103, his trick to achieve it he told me was a shot of tequila in the morning and another before going to bed. Never knew of him ever getting sick either. I have declined the H1N1 shot and we have been told by hospital admnistration that as of Nov 2nd those that did not recieve it will be required to wear a mask at work.

Back