• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

August 2009 COTM nominations

August CoTM

• Sportbikechicks '67

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Garner67's FB

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
I'll toss out Tracy's hot ride, I just don't know where to get more pics :dumas

196_09_07_09_10_03_47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa Cowboy(s).... got a few tricks up my sleeve for August.....no nominations yet......AND we have a title sponsor for the August CoTM....and a pretty nice prize for the wiener........ Oh and only certain cars CAN be nominated.....Stay tuned.... Announcement coming next week...

"Fast68back" said:
Whoa Cowboy(s).... got a few tricks up my sleeve for August.....no nominations yet......AND we have a title sponsor for the August CoTM....and a pretty nice prize for the wiener........ Oh and only certain cars CAN be nominated.....Stay tuned.... Announcement coming next week...
See rick, things get all messed up when you let sluggo run the joint!

Alright Guys and Gals, its that time of the month again. This month we are going to do things a little different...... We have a Sponsor for the August CoTM, Opentracker BBQ products has graciously donated a Dolly Buntan to the winner (comes neatly wrapped in an ORP t-shirt), if you do not cook, I will offer up a StangFix T-shirt if the winner would prefer that, if the winner choices Dolly, the StangFix shirt will go to the second place vote getter.

For the August CoTM, we are going to vote on Project cars. We want to see some progress you have made on your car. If you replaced the floorboards we want to see before, during and after pictures. If you repaired a PO's hack job, we want to see before and after pictures. Two rules however, 1. your car can not be "done", as in drivable, show/cruise ready and 2. you must post up at least two projects you have done. if you replaced the floorboards and the front suspension that would count as two.

We want to see some of your work, or work that you have had done, or helped doing. We also want to help motivate people to Get 'er done........

Does that mean I can't post my "rotisserie" picture again?

I would like to nominate DNE, she definately qualifys and has done an impressive amount of work. Can't wait to see this baby all done!!!
user_6.JPG

thumb_71_21_04_09_6_27_43.jpg

71_04_06_09_2_52_14.jpg

71_12_12_08_9_12_11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Duane, Brian, Mike, Javed, Jamie.....Here's your chance guys show us your work/progress.... There, I just nominated all five of ya...

I started with this... here's a picture the day I bought my 67. It doesn't look so bad, does it? Granted the paint looked a hell of a lot better in the picture than in person, but all i can say is beware of what lies underneath old paint.

23791070001_large.jpg

Then, after stripping all the old paint jobs and bondo, I find the car needs a TON of new metal... radiator support, torque box, partial floor on driver's side.

23791070015_large.jpg

But I left the serious exterior body work to the pros... both full quarter panels, full roof skin and tail light panel.

2379107_136_full.jpg

2379107_139.jpg

Coming home after paint...

23791070177_large.jpg

I need to take some more new pictures, because my engine & trans is back in place; all the electrical has been reinstalled; headliner has been installed; and the front & rear glass goes in this weekend.

enough said.

I guess we only have two choices this month, but both have come a long way.

Dne has done an awesome job on her '67

Some of her projects:

Making room for her roller perches by grinding the upper control arm to make room:

IMG_8221.jpg

IMG_8223.jpg

installing, removing, cutting and reinstalling her springs:

IMG_8228.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

Lets not forget, she installed her motor, by herself!

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8213.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg

And Garner67's FB
The canvas "before" the artwork
23791070001_large.jpg

torn down to its skeleton:

2379107_136_full.jpg

And some very nice sheet metal and paint:

23791070177_large.jpg

torn down for metal replacement:

23791070015_large.jpg