• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Autolite 4100 fuel level float adjustment

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I need to lower the fuel level in a Autolite 4100 carb. Instructions says to "bend the float tab (contacting the fuel inlet valve), downward to lower the level. My question is where specifically do I bend it? When they say tab is it the Tab I marked as A ?

Ahhhhh.....I just looked at the bottom side of the horn and there is extra material telling me that the upper horizontal edge of the tab (A) must make contact with. Thus if I bend this tab downward, it will drop the fuel level a tad?

4-210711091934.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? I kept thinking that was the spot thus why I marked that area B. Back to my cave I go.

Bending either a or b will accomplish the task. Bending a is the normal recommended point but on the opposite side of the spring, bending b is easier and what so many do. Bending a also keeps the float sitting in proper relationship to the fuel level, retaining full use of the float surface.

The nice thing about the 4100 is you can make the adjustment with the top off and engine running. Be careful when you make the adjustment not to put pressure on the needle valve and seat.

Back