• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Awesome Fish Scale....

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
...for Mrs. Salmon Slayer.

I've noticed that when fishing, they never uses a scale to weigh their monster trophy before the fish is gutted. Thus who know's what that pup really weighed. This past weekend though, someone finally pulled out a big ole crusty scale. Banged it a couple time with their fist and then used it. I said WTF? I'm tired of listening to them quietly argue the weights.

So I've been studying and looking for an accurate portable scale that the Mrs can bring with her to yes, impress her fellow fishermen. Finally decided to go for this one by Accu-Cull which goes up to 55lbs. With the help of some bricks and a sturdy nylon backpack, I created different weights of the backpack weighing them on my company's fedex scale which is very accurate. Then used the fish scale and OMG, got virtually the same, maybe .1-.2 off. I created 5 differently weighted examples for the test. It's only 9" long (the scale you silly's) and has an oversized hook at the bottom also a hidden tape measure. Weighs 7oz.

eba3u4y3.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

"cmayna" said:
...for Mrs. Salmon Slayer.

I've noticed that when fishing, they never uses a scale to weigh their monster trophy before the fish is gutted. Thus who know's what that pup really weighed. This past weekend though, someone finally pulled out a big ole crusty scale. Banged it a couple time with their fist and then used it. I said WTF? I'm tired of listening to them quietly argue the weights.

So I've been studying and looking for an accurate portable scale that the Mrs can bring with her to yes, impress her fellow fishermen. Finally decided to go for this one by Accu-Cull which goes up to 55lbs. With the help of some bricks and a sturdy nylon backpack, I created different weights of the backpack weighing them on my company's fedex scale which is very accurate. Then used the fish scale and OMG, got virtually the same, maybe .1-.2 off. I created 5 differently weighted examples for the test. It's only 9" long (the scale you silly's) and has an oversized hook at the bottom also a hidden tape measure. Weighs 7oz.

eba3u4y3.jpg

Whats special about 9" ---seems normal to me.

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Back