• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Baby steps

blu67

Eventually I will start a project thread once work begins and pics are taken but this is the big start. Getting parts.
Dynacorn will be getting editorial about how to replace rusted out front clips at home using their parts.
Just got lucky that my car happens to be a good candidate to demonstrate on...
The aspect of VIN issues will be touched upon as well.
part4.jpg

part1.jpg

part3.jpg

I'll be selling the clip section I bought to fund the sheetmetal I will need. (Hood, fenders,1/4,etc.)

In case you were wondering...this is what my car currently looks like:
Indiana-Illinois005.jpg

Chris,
Just curious, why was the whole front end removed? Rust? Accident? Is the car at your place?

Isn't this the car that got in bad wreck in So CAL and DVS in Ind was going to put it back together?

Yes, it was Jim. It's still at Dave's shop. It's been quite a few years trying to get all the pieces to fall
into place. If they didn't, I could sell the parts to Dave or someone who needed rust free parts in IN. I've always held out hope that I'd get it done and back in my stable but I was ready to give in at any time Dave said we should.
Craig, the whole front was removed because there was nothing salvageable, really. We saved the shock towers but the everything was either too far bent or torn to fix. It was easier to just replace it all. That's why I bought the clip donor. We were going to use it but the deal with Dynacorn came through instead.

And yes, Craig it's been a loooong time since the original accident in late 2006.

Back