• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bacon Log

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Made these last night. 2 lbs of bacon, and 2 lbs of pork Sausage each. The fattest one has a pound of cheese also. 750 calories for a 1/2 inch slice. Had a slice with a waffle and real Maple syrup for breakfast.

BL1.JPG
BL2.JPG
BL3.JPG
BL4.JPG

yeah....we are going to need more details on this. Recipe...cook time...etc, etc, etc.

My BBQ Dry Rub

¼ cup of firmly packed brown sugar.

¼ cup sweet paprika

3 tablespoons of black pepper

4 tablespoons sea salt (I leave this out when making the bacon logs because the meats have a lot of salt already)

2 teaspoons of garlic powder

2 teaspoons celery seeds

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix all the dry ingredients (Use a blender, it helps to break the seeds to release the flavors)

Combine the rest of the ingredients

Store the leftover rub in an air tight jar.

BACON LOG

Cook 1 lb of bacon.

Take 1 lb of thick cut bacon (raw) and lay it out in a lattice.
BaconLog1.jpg

Sprinkle with dry rub
BaconLog2.jpg

Using all 2 lbs of sausage (raw) layover the bacon lattice.
BaconLog3.jpg

Sprinkle with dry rub
BaconLog4.jpg

Put the cooked bacon in the center of the sausage and any other fillings you want like cheese and peppers.
BaconLog6.jpg

Roll it up
BaconLog7.jpg

BaconLog8.jpg

Smoke in the smoker at 200 for 4 hours, I like to use peach and pecan logs.

so how do I convince the wife I need two pounds of bacon and two pounds of sausage for a meal?!?

Since it takes the same amount of time to smoke one as two, I usually make 2 at a time. I also just go to the butcher shop myself. I get the apple smoked bacon, and it is only $6.99 a pound at the specialty meat store.

so how do I convince the wife I need two pounds of bacon and two pounds of sausage for a meal?!?

Convince really? Take off the big girl panties and just do it. Beg for forgiveness if you have to but after you drop the first pound in the belly. ;)

You guys are awful big talkers when the wife is not looking over your shoulder. I found out a long time ago that forgiveness typically comes at a cost. :( I am not ashamed to admit that I am afraid of girls...they have all the power!

Yup, though some of you guys might wear the pants in your family, sounds like the Mrs controls the zipper.

I take it that this bacon log is the low cholesterol version?

I live in little california. Your northern brother. WA state along with 1 wife and 4 girls 2 males - dog and cat all the males are neutered. I've got to be able to decide something:mad:

Back