• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bacon Sausage Bacon

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Yesterday, I cooked one of my favorite dishes for breakfast.

Take a pound of bacon and weave it together. Sprinkle BBQ rub on it.
Bacon1.jpg

Add 2 pounds of your favorite sausage and add more BBQ rub.
Bacon2.jpg

Cook and add 1 pound of bacon. Drizzle you favorite BBQ sausage (Mine) over the bacon.
Bacon3.jpg

Roll up the sausage, then roll up the bacon. Sprinkle with more BBQ rub.
Bacon4.jpg

Smoke (I used hickory) until the internal temp is over 165.
Bacon5.jpg

Glaze with BBQ Sauce
468_17_09_10_3_36_07.jpg

Slice into 1/2" slices and serve. I like to serve with farm fresh eggs and pancakes.
468_17_09_10_3_37_16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at that makes my gout throb...

Kinda like suicide by bacon....

It does look good though.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Just looking at that makes my gout throb...

Kinda like suicide by bacon....

It does look good though.

Mel

Could not have said it better Mel, or suey side by pig. :craz And it does look yummy.

fd

Holy crap, I almost ate my monitor :weas

Can I come live at yer house?

i tell everyone i can eat anything as long as it has one of three ingredients: bacon, cheese or bbq sauce.... i notice this has two of those included :)

After double bypass surgery, all I can do is drool over that :weas I sure wish I could eat it though. Damn does it look good! What kind of sausage was in there?

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
i tell everyone i can eat anything as long as it has one of three ingredients: bacon, cheese or bbq sauce.... i notice this has two of those included :)

My son can not eat milk products so when he is with me, I make it without cheese.

"beach pony" said:
After double bypass surgery, all I can do is drool over that :weas I sure wish I could eat it though. Damn does it look good! What kind of sausage was in there?

Wild boar sausage. Homemade. I need to get me another wild hog since I only have a couple pounds of it left. I ran out of the boar bacon a long time ago so I just bought some thick cut, apple smoked bacon.

Yes and she knew about my plans. I was a father son time with my youngest boy.

BTW: I had to save he a slice of the meat log.

Made another one this last weekend (added cheese to the center). I like to eat it on a pancake with an egg on top. Then drizzle with Maple Syrup.

468_17_09_10_3_30_16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back