• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bad Tire dealer notice.....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So as I stated I bought a few bucks worth of tires this week. My son wanted Goodyear F1s and right now no one has them....except.. He found Tiresonline.com who's webpage stated they had a set. So on Monday rather than trust a internet order I called, Marlon a sales guy there. Yep they have them. Tried to drop ship but no, they don't do that with credit card purchases. Said they could do it with PayPal. So I then set up a PP account. Call tire place back. Order up the tires. Well it will take a day for the PP to go through. Okay Tuesday the tires will be on their way. Call Tuesday severeal times. I got PP notice that they were paid but nothing form Tiresonline. Leave messages, Talk to another saleman who says Marlon is at lunch. Call back Wednesday. Ask for a manager. Why, they ask. I state they have my money with no paper work at all on my side. They check...oh yeah we have your order but seems they don't have the tires so they didn't do anything. Remember I have been calling them all this time. I tell them Marlon lied to me to get my money. I demand a refund. They say that will take 5-7 days. Do it now. I then call PP and file a claim. Within an hour PP has my refund.

I go online to TireRack. Order a different brand. Get a confirmation of the sale, the shipping destination, tire mounting shop also gets notice. All within minutes. And I expect the tires delivered in two days. That's how to run a business.

Rant over.
M

You had me worried, I thought there was an issue with the F1's, I bought mine from tire rack, two days and they were on my door. My UPS driver put them by my front door, put my trash can in front of them and even put my door mat on top of them. :nice That was awesome! I'd bet the UPS and the trash guys wonder what they heck we are building sometimes.....

Yeah, I'd hesitate ordering tires online from anywhere but TireRack. TireRack is a very professional outfit.

Look over those F1's very carefully for defects. Unfortunately, Goodyear quality control isn't what it used to be. Take them to a reputable tire shop to get them mounted and balanced. My roommate went through a couple sets of GS-D3's on his WS6, and I can tell you that not all of them were perfect. One even showed up at our door with a crease in the belts right on the tread. Never seen that before, and both of us sold tires for almost 3 years.

Back