• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Beef ribs

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
This is all Craig's fault! I kept seeing his smoked goodies and went and got a smoker.

Today I a doing beef ribs. I rubbed them with my favorite rub then 3.5 hours at 200* in the smoker with hickory.

I made my famous BBQ sauce and in a little while they will go on the gas grill for sauce glazing.

Nom, nom, nom!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387746895535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387746895535.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387746909488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387746909488.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 43
Mel,
That looks might fine. What type of smoker is that? At that temp, I assume the smoker was just for creating the smoke and to do a partial cook, while the grill brought the meat up to it's finished temp?

MES 30" electric. They are in the fridge right now waiting for the right time to go on the grill. More Qview on the other forum.

Um, I just substituted the smoker for the oven I usually use. Since I am known for my beef ribs. There are certain things that Amber expects, so everything is about the same as normal except the addition of hickory.

The IT was pretty much there when I took them out of the smoker, so I just have to get them to table temp.

Mel

Oh, I forgot I have found that if you don't slow cook beef ribs for several hours, they are tough! I have found 3-4 hours at 200* or so makes them very tender.

I am sure I will have to tweak the smoker thing. Maybe just cook them at the low temps in the smoker without smoke. Sometimes we just don't care for the smoke and want savory like with steaks. I did some ribeyes in this smoker a week or so ago and didn't really care for the smoke, but when I used the left overs in eggs and in a sandwich for lunch, it was wonderful.

So, we will see how we like them.

Mel

Here is the finished product.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387757739876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387757739876.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387757752963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387757752963.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 32
looks great! Beef ribs are excellent when properly slow cooked....

Back