• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Best place to sell a used car

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
Been awhile since I had to sell a car. Last one I sold was 2003 Ranger 4x4 truck. First person that looked at it bought it. That was in 2015. Daughter suggested carvona, half the price on other car sites. Probably go with auto trader unless someone has a better site. What I got is an Infiniti G37 4 door driven by a little old lady from, no not Pasadena, Hemet. She was in 2 fender benders that I know of, but the car was repaired. 2012 with only 43k miles on it. She bought it used, it was a dealers loaner car.

fd

I still use craigslist. I have bought and Sold quite a few cars through there.

Otherwise try Car Gurus. They are a very popular site now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Craigslist list is still the main go to, but lots of scammers will hit you up. People I know use Facebook Marketplace almost exclusively. If you want to take the easy route Carvana or CarMax make it painless. Don’t have to deal with all of the idiots, just won’t get top dollar. Albeit used car prices are extremely healthy right now.

My vote is CarMax or similar. You won't get retail but you will sell immediately and not have to deal with people's BS. And that BS avoidance is worth a lot of $$$, IMHO.

Right now, used cars are at a premium at various stealerships, and they want used cars even if you don't trade it in. I'd check around and see what your local dealers might offer you. Infinify's at low mileage will get the stealership's used car salesmen's attention for sure.

I started with faceybork marketbasket. Had a dude lowballing right away. Craigslist is now 5 bucks to list. How times have changed. Auto trader wants 49. I guess if it does not move in a couple of weeks Maybe. I will look into CarMax tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

fd

A number of years ago, my office was on a main arterial street with a very visible parking lot. I would park the car facing the morning traffic with a "For Sale" sign in the window and surprisingly, got quite a few folks stopping to ask about the car. Over the years I recall selling several that way.

Modernly, Craig's List has been useful though one must put up with some folks that really shouldn't be allowed outside without supervision!! In a couple of instances, buyers drove some distance (one comes to mind who drove more than 250 miles) with cash in hand.

Before parking on the street with a For Sale sign in the window, make sure the local Muni Code does not prohibit the practice.

Back