• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Billet Grilles -67/68

Aussie67

Anyone know if the Scott Drake billet grilles are any good? They all seem to be the same price, so I assume any place is as good as another to get them?

Can you still run the fog/ driving lights if you use the billet grille? Thinking I might try a black one.

You mean like the california specials ? I have some brackets for the foglights of a 68 cali special but you need to make a hole to fit them into the orignal grill. Any good info ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Here is a pic of such setup. If you look close you see the bracket .At the lower portion, and also the upper portion of the grill, it sits behind the grill.

Attachments

• 1968GTCS-fog-marchal01.jpg
    1968GTCS-fog-marchal01.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 8
I think it will be hard to setup such a configuration with a new billet grill !!
But I think there is another setup possible and period correct cause they changed to other foglights later on......I think hmmm.

I thought MTF had some or was working on some, at least for their noses. That was back awhile though.

I have a billet grill in the 65. It is well built and looks good. I would be cautious cutting holes in it, only in as much as you would want to avoid any of the vertical support bars that keep the billet together.

On the fog lights, some '68 Cal Specials came with Lucas Square 8 fogs mounted on top of pedestals, no drilling into the grill itself. Here's a pic:

1682439881822.png

Back